Question

Top Student
cprelude
Message 1 of 4 (1,223 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Compaq dx2000 Microtower PC - upgrade graphics to dual-monitor support?

Hi, I have a question regarding the HP Compaq dx2000 Microtower PC. The link to the specs is here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&contentType=Support...

I have been asked to supply a solution for this machine that will enable dual-monitor support. Can anyone please advise me on a possible Graphics card that I could purchase (presumably second-hand) that will be compatible with the motherboard on this machine, and will also enable dual-monitor support?

Many thanks!

Paul

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 4 (1,217 Views)

Re: HP Compaq dx2000 Microtower PC - upgrade graphics to dual-monitor support?

Hi:

If you are only running XP and have no plans to upgrade to Windows Vista or Windows 7, and only need VGA (not DVI) output, this PCI video card should work for you, ans your machine only has PCI slots.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PNY-Nvidia-FX5200-Dual-VGA-DDR-256MB-Video-Card-PCI-/160704820819?pt=PCC_Vid...

You will need to read the setup manual on your PC's support and driver page as I believe you need to change a BIOS setting to allow for the PCI card to be the primary video card.

Or you can search for a similar PCI card with a DMS-59 out with the split video cable that goes to two monitors.

Paul

Top Student
cprelude
Message 3 of 4 (1,211 Views)

Hey Paul...That's really helpful! Very many thanks.
Paul
Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 4 of 4 (1,201 Views)

You're very welcome, Paul.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation