Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
OS X

I have an LP2475w that works great with my former Windows computer but looks bad with my new Mac (OSX).  Is there any way to get it to work with my Mac?  Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@BBmonitor How is the monitor attached to your Mac: DVI, HDMI, Display Port, etc? Is this a dual monitor setup? You might try adjusting the display settings to see if you can get it to look better. Open your Mac's System Preferences / Displays panel. This should open up a panel on your LP2475. Check the resolution option presented on your LP2475. It probably has "Best for display" enabled. If not try using "Best for display" first. If it still looks bad you can select the Scaled option and try the modes which are presented in the list. I would hope 1920 X 1200 works well but I think this will depend on the cabling option being used. The monitor specs are at http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=c04142073. It shows the modes available for use. The Mac should be able to be set to use one of these modes.  

I do work for HP but not on our monitor product line. My opinions are my own. Hope this suggestion helps.

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi BBmonitor,

Can you give an example of what you mean by "looks bad"?

Have you tried adjusting the display settings directly on the monitor?

It's also possible that monitor isn't supported or doesn't work well with your model of Mac. Here is an HP document about monitor drivers and Macs:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph02073

...an HP employee just trying to help where I can, but not speaking on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Thanks bobpskier.  The monitor is connected with an HDMI cable - the same as with the Dell.  I think I've tried all of your suggestions but I'll go back and rettry again.  I did look for software drivers specificcally for the monitor and it appears that there are none for Mac's with the latest operating system.  I hope HP will provide one at some point.  The monitor is great and when I connect my old Dell, it's crisp and clear.  

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Thanks Mister_Do.  By "bad" I mean that instead of crisp and clean, everything is blurry and fuzzy.  It does appear that HP doesn't provide a driver for the latest Mac operating system.  They guys at Apple have told me to bring in the monitor and they'd see if there was anything they could do.  Again, I've really enjoyed the monitor - I tried 2 Dell monitors before buying the LP2475w.  I hope HP wil provide a driver.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Ok. Thanks for the reply.

I hope the Mac guys have some good tips for you. If so, can you update this thread with what you find out? This way others that may run into this can see what you did to take care of it.

I'll also poke around a bit more and see if I can come up with anything else. If I find something, I'll post it to this thread.

...an HP employee just trying to help where I can, but not speaking on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

I just had this problem. I was messing around with the settings so I tried this and it worked.

On mac:

Go to system pref.

Display

Optimize for : (choose) HP LP2475w

... SET RESOLUTION TO 1080i not anything else...

for some reason when i set to 1080p to get some good resolution my screen would go grey. So i just took it down a notch to 1080i.. and there it goes. Let me know how this works for you guys and girls !!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the tip, Reign!

I'm sure this will help others.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.