Question

Top Student
Nana34
Message 1 of 10 (948 Views)

HP PAVILION, CONTROL PANEL PROBLEMS , PLEASE HELP?

Everytime i go to the Control Panel or Recycle bin or My pictures and such My computer restarts leaving a message that says "Error" and a bunch of other words that i can't read since it restarts to fast to read the hole thing but If you know a way to fix this please help!

Professor
Mister_Do
Message 2 of 10 (942 Views)

Re: HP PAVILION, CONTROL PANEL PROBLEMS , PLEASE HELP?

Hi Nana34,

What model of Pavilion do you have?

What operating system (Windows 7, Vista, or XP)?

If you have Windows 7, you can get the computer to stop restarting and show the error message longer:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c01853741

Once you know the error, you can post it here and we can see if we can tell what is happening. Most likely this is a software error though and you may have to use System Restore to roll your computer back to when it was working.

...an HP employee just trying to help where I can, but not speaking on behalf of HP.
Top Student
Nana34
Message 3 of 10 (941 Views)

I have a Dv and my operating system is XP
Professor
Mister_Do
Message 4 of 10 (939 Views)

Did this occur after you ran an update or installed software or hardware?

...an HP employee just trying to help where I can, but not speaking on behalf of HP.
Professor
Mister_Do
Message 5 of 10 (938 Views)

If you know when this occured, and if it happened after a software update, try using Windows System Restore to roll your PC settings back to a time when it worked. Here is an HP Support document that explains System Restore:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c00034790

Top Student
Nana34
Message 6 of 10 (926 Views)

I did but it still did it again it said something about hardware 

Professor
Mister_Do
Message 7 of 10 (906 Views)

Hmmm...this is strange. I've never seen hardware make it so the Control Panel wouldn't open. This is usually related to some kind of software issue like corrupt system files. Are you able to run a System Recovery? If you haven't already, and are still able to, I would backup all your personal files soon.

Honor Student
highcreek
Message 8 of 10 (875 Views)

everyday it tells me i am running out of disk space,when i go to hp support it tells me error in my recycle bin.it tells meeven tho you have deleted files they are still in your recycle bin. but when i look at it ,it says 0 help  please

Honor Student
highcreek
Message 9 of 10 (874 Views)

how

Professor
Mister_Do
Message 10 of 10 (872 Views)

Hi highcreek,

I'm not sure what PC model you have or what operating system you are using, but these HP Support documents should help:

Resolving low disk space in Windows 7

Resolving low disk space in Windows XP, Me, and Vista

If your low disk space is coming from your "D:/" drive, this document should help:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01508532&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation