HP Pavillion f70 monitor on/off switch has become loose. (393 Views)
Honor Student
agaryt
Message 1 of 3 (393 Views)

HP Pavillion f70 monitor on/off switch has become loose.

Does anyone know where I can find out how to remove the front plastic frame to reattach the on/off switch on my f70 monitor?  Thanks.

Dean
old_geekster
Message 2 of 3 (385 Views)

Re: HP Pavillion f70 monitor on/off switch has become loose.

Welcome to the forum.

Monitor repair is not a recommended DIY project.  This is why you can't find any information on how to do it.  I highly suggest taking the monitor to a reputable repair shop.  This will save you money in the long run.

HP Split 13 x2
- 1.6 Ghz; 4 GB memory; SSD 128 GB; Win 8.0

HP Phoenix ENVY 810-135qe
- i7-4770K (liquid cooled); 8 GB memory; GT 640 (4 GB), SSD (Samsung EVO 840-500 GB); 600W PSU; Win 7

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say 'Thanks'**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

Message 3 of 3 (376 Views)

Re: HP Pavillion f70 monitor on/off switch has become loose.

If you can figure out how to get the monitor on just one more time, you might be able to then unplug it to turn it off, and plug it back in to turn it back on (or put it on an outlet strip with a switch), and avoid having to repair the power switch. If you do manage to get it on, check in he menu for an option for enabling this "remember whether it was on last time it was plugged in" behavior. On my HP monitor, it's misleadingly called Power On Recall.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation