Question

Honor Student
Roelion
Message 1 of 4 (399 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Pavillion p6623w Video Graphics Card Question.

With the HP Pavillion p6623w it has a integrated ATI graphics card built in. I just recently purchased a Zotac GeForce gtx 550 ti AMP! Video card and I wanted to install it into the HP system. Unfortunately since I've installed it I've had a lot of problems even getting games ot start up. Star Wars : The Old Republic opens to the menu and when I click "play" it black screens and auto closes itself. The same issue goes with League of Legends, and any demo I download.

I've updated drivers along with any other updates I haven't done to my PC and still no luck, so I'm stuck. I'm guessing it could be my integrated Video Card?

I can't seem to figure out how to disable it and How exactly would I go about doing that?

Please and thanks for the help!

Provost
lasvegaswireman
Message 2 of 4 (387 Views)

Re: HP Pavillion p6623w Video Graphics Card Question.

[ Edited ]

Here are the specs of your HP p6623w Desktop Computer and here are the specs of the ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 550 Ti AMP! Edition graphics card you are having issues with. According to the computer specs, your system came with a 250 watt power supply. According to the Zotac GTX 550 Ti specs, it requires a minimum system power supply of 400+ watts. Unless you have installed a new more powerful PSU, this card will try to draw more power than the PSU will supply.

As for the integrated video card... the BIOS automatically disables it when it detects a card in the PCIe x16 slot.

Frank

Frank
{------------ Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping.
Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my assistance has solved your issue. ------------V

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP.

HP 15t-j100 (on loan from HP)
HP 13 Split x2 (on loan from HP)
HP Slate8 Pro (on loan from HP)
HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
Honor Student
Roelion
Message 3 of 4 (385 Views)

Ah.. haha Thanks.

Question on replacing my power supply. Are there specifics on replacing it? or are all power supplies generally the same? and if there are any specifics could you help point out a reliable brand/make?

Provost
lasvegaswireman
Message 4 of 4 (379 Views)

I don't have any personal recommendations but the Corsair CX500 and CX600 come highly recommended and are also forum favorites. These two power supplies are just a little longer than your stock unit and fit in the space without interfering with other devices in the case.

Frank

Frank
{------------ Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping.
Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my assistance has solved your issue. ------------V

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP.

HP 15t-j100 (on loan from HP)
HP 13 Split x2 (on loan from HP)
HP Slate8 Pro (on loan from HP)
HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation