Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi again

No adapters used, all cables are directly connected.

Tried VGA Cable

Tried DVI cable

No devices used in between the PC and monitor

HP Recommended

Hi,

Your previous debugging efforts does show that the PC and cables are not the problem and  a different monitor works correctly.  What does that leave you with for being the problem?

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Hi

I guess that leaves me with the monitor beeing the problem (timed hardware error).

Another piece of HP consumer electronics going down the drain/out the window

HP Recommended

For what its worth.  I thought the initial problem of the 2207 monitor going blank was my old Toshiba laptop (which was running Vista and needed to be decommisioned anyway to put it out of its misery ;^) ), so I bought a new Toshiba laptop Windows 7, plugged it in, only to have the same problem with the 2207.   However, because my new laptop has an HDMI port, I tried that and so far so good, the 2207 is back in business (for the last three hours anyway).  

My sense from reading the many posts on the net about this issue is that the hardward connection cards in the monitor are subject to failure.   I was lucky in that my serial port lasted a couple of years. We'll see how long I get out of the HDMI. I'll keep you posted.

HP Recommended

If your PC will drive HDMI, I would suggest unplugging the DirectTV, trying it with your computer and if it works, either get a switch which can switch between two HDMI inputs, or run through the menu suggestions of a few posts down and then trying the serial connection again.

HP Recommended

I just found something that seems to help, though I have no idea how long it will last.

When it goes blank, turn it off then back on, and as soon as a picture displays keep hitting the Menu button (second from left on mine) "several" times. It kept the screen active, and when I stopped hitting it the screen stayed on a minute or so. When I did it the second time the screen stayed on over half an hour now. No idea if it will last, but it at least might get you working a while longer.

HP Recommended

I know this topic is very old, but it appeared very high on my Google search and it helped me to ultimately find a solution to my problem that was pretty much exactly the same symptoms detailed in the previous replies.  Nobody seemed to have discovered an actual fix to this problem, so I thought I'd register an account just to throw my solution out there in the off chance it may help someone else trying to fix the same problem. 

My computer is a laptop with the screen removed, and serves more as a desktop hooked into an HP w2207h monitor. Because that is it's only display, accessing drivers and settings wasn't an option for me. It would occasionally show no input after restarting the computer, but I'd power cycle the monitor and it would come right up.

But, this afternoon, my 7yo daughter was looking under stuff for a toy or something and switched off the surge protector, instantly killing computer and monitor. But this time it would not reconnect even after hours of trying. 

I read a previous comment here that you can access the menu screen of the monitor,  and all would be well after a coupleslight adjustments. However, the features they said to turn off were just to display input and power on info on screen, which doesn't fix the problem at all, and is pretty important info I would think. I also could not seem to access the menu screen, as others said they also could not access. But after trying nearly everything I could think of, here was my solution:

With both monitor and PC turned on, disconnect the HDMI cable from the PC. A message appears 'Check Video Cable.' you can now suddenly access the menu screen! Go to Management> Power Saving Mode and turn this off. This will now keep your monitor from going to sleep after 1 second. Be sure to Save & Continue. Then in Management> Default Input select HDMI and Save. That step is optional, but worked well for me. Then be certain to select HDMI Input if it isn't already. You can do this easily by tapping the power button on top of the monitor off then back on to select a different input and display the selected input on screen. Then connect the HDMI cable back into the PC and power cycle the monitor by unplugging the power cable and plugging it back in. My glorious login screen popped up after hours of trying. Now your monitor works, id set to HDMI by default, and does not immediately attempt to go to sleep anymore.

Let me know if this works for anyone else!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.