Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have HP compaq 8200 elite SFF and only the intel hd graphics 2000 which says i have only 32mb of dedicated ram, how can i increase it? i already tried enter BIOS but i cant change there anything, not even overclock my cpu, is there any solution?

P.S. i tried update bios from 2.06 to 2.60 and i cant see any changes there.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

You might get better assistance on the HP Enterprise Business Forum.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

You might get better assistance on the HP Enterprise Business Forum.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Why business??

HP Recommended

Hi:

There is no way to do what you want to do on the 8200 Elite, or any other HP business desktop.

Can't change dedicated video memory, can't OC processor or memory.

It is a business PC, and HP has locked down the BIOS' I'm sure to reduce warranty claims that would arise from damage resulting from overclocking, etc.

Besides, the video RAM is a limitation of the Intel GPU, not HP.  All Intel HD 2000 graphics are 32 MB.

Add the supported Radeon HD 6450 Low Profile graphics card to your PC to improve the graphics performance.

That is the optional graphics card for the 8200 Elite SFF's.

HP Recommended

but i have read that i can change the dedicated memory of intel hd 2000 in bios ...... now i dont understand.

and there is no solution for this pc? isnt there any bios update which could open the options? or does it have any hidden ones?

HP Recommended

I have never heard of being able to change the dedicated memory on any of the Intel HD graphics adapters.

There is no solution other than what I have already suggested.  Add a discrete video card (HD 6450).

I have an 8200 Elite too but it is the CMT.

HP Recommended

ok than i have to get new graphics ...... but can i for example put my mother board to another case and put there normal graphic card or this board accept only low ones?

HP Recommended

I don't modify PC's, so I can't answer that question.

This card would work as is in your model. It comes with the low profile brackets.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121439&cm_re=hd_6450-_-14-121-439-_-Product

You could also use this card if you prefer a nvidia graphics card. It also comes with the low profile brackets.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130815&cm_re=gt_610-_-14-130-815-_-Product

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.