Question

Honor Student
jsaff1043
Message 1 of 3 (396 Views)

HP s2031 Monitor scrolling horizontal line

I have a new S2031 monitor connected with vga connector to HP G62 laptop running Win 7 64-bit.

I see a faint horizontal line sweeping from top to bottom every 5 seconds. I also have a second one connected via USB, it works fine.

Any ideas?

Regents Professor
Hanspuppa
Message 2 of 3 (387 Views)

Re: HP s2031 Monitor scrolling horizontal line

jsaff1043 wrote: I have a new S2031 monitor connected with vga connector to HP G62 laptop running Win 7 64-bit. I see a faint horizontal line sweeping from top to bottom every 5 seconds. I also have a second one connected via USB, it works fine. Any ideas?

Hello jsaff1043, You might try disconnecting the USB from the Laptop. I'm not aware that you could connect a montor to a Laptop via a USB cable.

Then disconnect the monitor from the Laptop and see if the Laptop screen has the issue.

It may be that the drivers for the Laptop need to be updated. You might try replacing the video cable to the monitor.

Just a few things to try.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

Honor Student
jsaff1043
Message 3 of 3 (383 Views)

Re: HP s2031 Monitor scrolling horizontal line

I am using an Eclipse device which allows a second monitor to be connected to the laptop

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation