Question

Student
johndoc
Message 1 of 1 (87 Views)

HP w1907s Monitor - screen display disappears

Hello,

2 x HP w1907s Monitors

I am the happy owner of 2 HP w1907s monitors which have been working perfectly since I bought them several years ago (I use both of them for a dual display on my desktop).

Suddenly, the display on one of the monitors (Display 2) does not come on when I boot my PC. When I turn the monitor power off and on, the display shows for a second and then disappears.

Here are the steps I have taken to try to diagnose the problem:

1. Uninstalled / Reinstalled HP My Display software. This had no difference. Display appears and disappears as before.

2. Switched the power cables around to see if a cable problem was the issue. This made no difference. Display appears and disappears as before.

3. Switched around the VGA inputs to the PC. This made no difference. Display appears and disappears as before.

4. Verified normal 'Display' settings in Control Panel as:

Resolution: 1440 x 900 (recommended)

Orientation: Landscape

Multiple Displays: Extend These Displays*

*Because of the display issue I currently have Multiple Displays set as: Show Desktop Only On 1

I would be very grateful if someone could suggest how I can move forward to solve this issue.

Thank You

John Docherty

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation