Question

Honor Student
MonitorIssue
Message 1 of 2 (279 Views)

HP w1907v

Today something really weird happened to the monitor screen.

From my understanding, a family member was playing a game on facebook through the games app and suddenly the screen went blank with diagonal left to right black lines.

I could not do CTRL + alt + del so I had to hold down the power off button and turn it back on.

Thinking it was just the app on facebook giving issues, I did a scan of the whole computer and no viruses have been found. However, when I was searching on google about this issue, the monitor blanked out for a second time and went blue (if I remember correctly) with diagonal lines.

This monitor is the HP w1907v model. It's fairly new, about 2 years roughly I would say and the CPU itself has been replaced recently with a HP one.The model for the computer is G5200UK (bought end of december 2010). It came with the 20'' monitor as well but we decided to just use the 19'' HP w1907v monitor. It is running on a windows 7 platform. No new software has been installed on it either.

I cannot work out whether it is a monitor issue, the computer issue or video/graphics card issue. Please help! 

Thanks!

Tutor
emtfarva
Message 2 of 2 (271 Views)

Re: HP w1907v

If you still have the 20" monitor, try it. If it does the same thing with the 20" then it is a hardware issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation