Question

Top Student
Casper1974
Message 1 of 3 (1,686 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP w2007 monitor

[ Edited ]

HP w2007 monitor have speaker.  The minus button is being hit and hold by software causing the control screen popup and swich change the setting.  First I thought about my bad sticky minus volume button, but it is not that button. Everytime I hit the select button to clear out the memu, the minus button being hit again and popup the volume control, and the button stick all the way in causing my volume decreasing really fast from 100% volume to 0 in few second.  I can hit the select button to clear out the menu, but the minus volume being hit again popup the volume control menu.  If I hit the minus volume control, it clear the menu, but that button being hit again and the menu popup again.  If in the volume control menu I hit the plus to increase the volume back all the way to 100%, as soon as I release the button, the volume zip back all the way back to 0% volume in few second.

I think some software, or virus keep hitting my minus volume control on my monitor, and hold it all the way down.  The problem is the menu volume popup and stay on all the time on my monitor, and the volume stay complete 0% .... deaf, totally deaf monitor.  I cannot see my screen with the menu in the front like that (I am blind), and I am deaf.  Please help me.

My monitor is HP w2207h.

Message Edited by Casper1974 on 09-25-2009 07:48 AM
Top Student
Casper1974
Message 2 of 3 (1,559 Views)

Re: HP w2007 monitor

Now the same monitor getting uglier.  It look like all 4 swich in the front of the monitor have been randomly "hit" causing to setup my monitor to the outer limit.  It will lead you to the menu you do not want, and do the setup you do not want like changing to china language so that you do not know what to do next, event it is impossible to reset back to the manufacture reset.
Top Student
Casper1974
Message 3 of 3 (1,554 Views)

Re: HP w2007 monitor

heading back to the store and get a new one.  the problem fixed. thank you everyone
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation