Question

Top Student
Taylor1950
Message 1 of 17 (8,175 Views)

HP w2207h monitor

[ Edited ]

SOLVED!!  Figured this out on my own!  Thanks anyway for those who maybe read it...

Help!!  I have had my HP w2207h monitor work flawlessly for over a year.  But over the past 48 hours, the following occurs when I try to turn this monitor on:

1)   The Monitor Status box appears reading:       VGA     No Input Signal

HDMI     No input Signal

"No Input Signal" is highlighted regardless whether VGA or HDMI is selected.

2)  The Monitor Status box quickly disappears followed by "Monitor Going To Sleep."  Which the monitor promptly does, i.e., it remains blank and any kind of solutions I've tried (many!) just result in the preceding cycle repeating itself.

The only possible connection between the monitor and my HP a6417c CPU is VGA.  I have unplugged it, checked for bent pins, replugged, turned off & on numerous times - all with no response.

I cannot exercise any solutions that require use of the monitor, for example, by switching video input with the onscreen menu system, since the OSM (menu) does NOT appear when I press this button on the monitor.  (This was suggested in HP's posted, "Flat Panel Monitor Displays Message about No Signal, Signal out of Rane, Sleep...")

I have files I desperately need to access for work SOON.  Any ideas or does this sound like a hardware glitch??  Thanks!!

Student
Kwitt1984
Message 2 of 17 (7,890 Views)

Re: HP w2207h monitor

Please tell me the solution you found to this problem! This is EXACTLY the problem we are having, how do I fix it???

Provost
Big_Dave
Message 3 of 17 (7,888 Views)

[ Edited ]

Try the monitor on another computer if possible. 

I suspect either your video card if you have one or the motherboard.  No signal or monitor going to sleep means that no video signal is being sent to the monitor.  If you don't have a video card then buying one to fit your PC is an option.

If your PC is still under warranty then contact HP Support.

HP's support number is 800-474-6836 or 800-HPINVENT or online here.

Try this procedure:

Unplug the PC and open it up. Clean out all the dust. Carefully remove and replace all the cables going to the motherboard one at a time. Do the same for the memory dimms and the video and sound cards if you have any. Plug your PC back in a give it a go.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP e9280t, i7-960, 12GB, Vertex 3 120, ATI 4850
HP DV9700, t9300, Nvidia 8600, 4GB, Crucial C300 128GB SSD
HP Photosmart Premium C309G, HP Photosmart 6520
HP Touchpad
Custom i7-4770k,Z-87, 8GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650,GTX 760
Custom i7-4790k,Z-97, 16GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650, GTX 660TI
Windows 7/8 UEFI/Legacy mode, MBR/GPT
Honor Student
slipdog101
Message 4 of 17 (7,831 Views)

Great job solving it on your won Taylor1950.  You posted that you solved the problem on your own......however, like you there are some of us that have yet to figure out the problem.  Could you please post a solution to you monitor problem.

It would be greatly appreciated.

Top Student
Taylor1950
Message 5 of 17 (7,822 Views)

Sorry for being inconsiderate!  After the monitor issue resolved, I got buried in work.  Lousy excuse, I know.

Anyhow, I have learned that I am not the only person to have problems with a Viewsonic monitor and an HP CPU re: the DVI connection.  Can't claim credit for the solution, but I did really dig for it.  So for those of you whose monitor goes blank or gives a message that the digital connection is toast or seems like it won't wake up from Sleep Mode, here is a very simple, but accurate, fix:

1.  Connect both DVI and D-Sub when the computer and monitor are turned on.

2.  Turn off the computer.

3.  Disconnect the D-Sub, leaving the DVI in place.

4. Unplug the monitor's power for at least 5 seconds.

5.  Power the computer back on.

Nothing to do with the video card or other esoteric stuff - and I haven't had the problem since.  Touch wood.  It's a totally ridiculous problem that took me weeks to fix, so I hope this helps someone out there.  Taylor1950

Honor Student
mcalister
Message 6 of 17 (5,245 Views)

How did you fix this issue? I have the same problem.Tried same monitor on two different computers, both VGA and HDMI, with same results. I feel sure this is a monitor problem.

Honor Student
mcalister
Message 7 of 17 (5,243 Views)

Unfortunately, the above steps didn't work for me. Monitor still shows no input signal.
Student
gkkollect
Message 8 of 17 (5,103 Views)

For about a year or so, mine kept going black and coming on then repeating the process.  Went out of town for a couple of weeks and when I returned, turned the computer on but monitor would not come on except for a brief instand. Changing cables did no good either. Hooked up the HDMI cable to a TV and it displays fine so this is not a computer or cable-related issue.  Junking this troublesome monitor and buying another this weekend.

Top Student
Abdoman
Message 9 of 17 (4,674 Views)

[ Edited ]

for Over a year it sat behind this desk , I finally decided cmere and hello google, watched a video on you tube how to remove the top black ring and then a cover over the back hinge pops off 4 screws removed, then  i removed 2 screws each end and some wires, leaned out the screen removed a few more wires, anyways took it all appart its no biggy to me saved all the screws in their little piles, the big board removed it maybe 7 screws nothing hard, turned it over and two 1000uf 25v capacitors are slightly enlarged on top, so i heated up the soldering iron , grabbed a cap with a pair of needle nose and heated the solder up and removed both of those caps, also they had white silicone stuck to them i cut that so when i desoldered they would come out, now the caps are at the local electronic store for 8$ for both, if anyone has questions on this monitor with the going black issue and wants to try a self repair, let me know.

Top Student
Abdoman
Message 10 of 17 (4,660 Views)

HP w2207h monitor repair Update

[ Edited ]

ok it is up and running for 10 hrs now no issues no black out screen total cost of caps was under 10$ from radio shack i used 1000uf 35v in place of the 1000uf 25v.

the symptom of running for 1 and a half hour then going dark is gone, the monitor is not huming or getting warm at all.

12-06-2012 still running just fine non stop since repair was done.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation