Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My computer is a HP Pavilion P6000 series  desk top serial No 4CE101137R and it has no place to plug in a high def cable. What can I do to fix this problem.

HP Recommended

Hello. I checked out the product stats for your computer and they show it has VGA, DVI, and HDMI outputs. The latter two are digital and should work fine with your monitor. Of course, you'll need to get a DVI or HDMI cable. They cam be found very reasonably on line. If you're having trouble with the monitor recognizing the input, you might need to check its settings. Best of luck.

HP Recommended

I've had this monitor now for 3 years, so WAY out of warranty, and I just went to use the HDMI for the first time. Of course, I'm having the same problem as everybody else, but doing the resets and using different cables doesn't help at all.

HP, in light of the problems with the 2311X, I'm shocked that you haven't issued a recall on it. A simple Google search shows that these monitors do NOT work well with HDMI, and that's kind of an important part of a monitor having an HDMI input.

HP Recommended

Hopefully this will help somebody:

I have the monotor HP 2311x. All ports work fine - I have three computers connected to it, and switch between them. However if the there is no signal on the currently selected port, I will not be able to switch to a different port:

I press the monitor "+" and "-" buttons to select port, then "OK" to select and "OK" again to "Save and Return". The monitor displays message that it is scanning ports, then it goes back to currently selected port, it says not detected and goes back to sleep.

To circumvent it, I need first to wake up the computer on current port, and then switch to other active port.

So if you're having problem with selecting port , try connecting either multiple computers or same computer on multiple port, and start switching only when signal from computer on the monitor is visible.

HP Recommended

I struggled with this for ages trying all the tricks and in the end the solution was simply to use a different brand of HDMI cable. It seems that this monitor is INCREDIBLY picky about cables . If you think that can't possibly be the answer because you're using the best quality HDMI cable ever made, try using a junk cable or just a different brand of cable or a different length - just keep trying different ones till you find one that works.

Two other things.

1. Switch the monitor off while you're connecting the new HDMI cable.

2. While you're switching it on again, wiggle the mouse furiously to make sure the HDMI input is receiving a signal. Be careful - if you're using two PCs, you'll almost certainly be wiggling the wrong mouse!

HP Recommended

I had the same problem with HDMI, no signal and not able to operate the buttons.

I fixed it by temporarely connecting a Chromecast to the HDMI port which worked immediately. Now the

original setup also works and I can operate the menu buttons.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.