HP2509m monitor flickers when waking up (1419 Views)
Student
fisherscan
Message 1 of 9 (1,419 Views)

HP2509m monitor flickers when waking up

Recently my HP 2509m monitor has begun flickering when it is coming our of sleep mode.  Today it flickered a bit on start up.

1. Product Name and Number - HP 2509m

2. Operating System installed - WIN7

3. Error message - none

4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred - none

Provost
Big_Dave
Message 2 of 9 (1,414 Views)

Re: HP2509m monitor flickers when waking up

Hi,

Check the cable connections and make sure that they are tight.

Try a different monitor and cable to separate the monitor and cable from a possible PC issue. Alternatively, try the monitor and cable on a different PC.

Does the monitor behave the same way when it is has warmed up?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP e9280t, i7-960, 12GB, Vertex 3 120, ATI 4850
HP DV9700, t9300, Nvidia 8600, 4GB, Crucial C300 128GB SSD
HP Photosmart Premium C309G, HP Photosmart 6520
HP Touchpad
Custom i7-4770k, 8GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650,GTX 760
Custom i7-3770k, 8GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650, GTX 660TI
Windows 7/8 UEFI/Legacy mode, MBR/GPT
Student
Consumer2
Message 3 of 9 (1,360 Views)

My monitor 2509 is doing the same thing.did you resolve the problem? Thanks
Student
Mortiferous
Message 4 of 9 (1,328 Views)

I am also having this problem with my Monitor.  It started about a month ago with a quick flicker, now the flcker is getting longer and longer.  Flicker seems shorter when the monitor has been active for a while.  I have the monitor hooked up to two computers at the same time (to my laptop via hdmi) and I get the same problem with both computers.  I also get flicker when I switch between the two computers although not as long as when coming out of the monitors sleep mode.

Honor Student
RNBHome
Message 5 of 9 (1,084 Views)

Re: HP2509m monitor flickers on start up and when waking up

I am also having this problem with my Monitor. It started about a month ago with a quick flicker, now the flcker is getting longer and longer. The screen resolution also seems to be not as sharp. Flicker seems shorter when the monitor has been active for a while.  I know the problem is with the monitor as I exchanged it with the monitor on my dell computer.  HP monitor still flickers but the  ViewSonic montior works great on the HP computer.  I have noticed many other people are experiencing the same problem with this particular monitor.  Is there a recall for thie monitor or is it repairable?

Student
Matri
Message 6 of 9 (1,001 Views)

Same problem here.  Come on Hp, this deserves a real response.

Honor Student
MarinTrader
Message 7 of 9 (846 Views)

Same issue here.  Started flickering very slowly, almost imperceivable but now it has piced up speed making it obvious.  I afraid it just won't start up one day. 

HP - an response would be greatly appreciated.  I also have a 2710m that is older and flawless.  Bought this 2509m on that positive experience.  Now I am doubting my decision to buy more of your products and I am currently in the market for a new laptop for my college student son.  Your response or NON response will help me make the decision to buy  or NOT buy HP in the future.

Honor Student
MarinTrader
Message 8 of 9 (725 Views)

UPDATE

Today my 2509m started up as normal, flickering, buzzed louder than it has been for the last 3 days and died.  Will not power up anymore.  Even the power-on button does not iluminate. 

I won't be buying anymore HP monitors.

Honor Student
RNBHome
Message 9 of 9 (716 Views)

Well, my beautiful monitor finally bit the dust.  After months of flickering and then clearing it no flickers, clears and then before you coudl snap your fingers goes BLANK.  Between the monitor issue and the fact that the ethernet connection died last January I will NEVER buy a HP computer system again.  I cannot ever replace the ethernet connection with a stand alone card since the connection is built into the mother board.  They get you coming each way with this unit.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation