HP2711x with Macbook Pro 17 stuck in scan/sleep cycle (737 Views)
Honor Student
Bagman67
Message 1 of 6 (737 Views)

HP2711x with Macbook Pro 17 stuck in scan/sleep cycle

I am using an HP 2711x with a Macbook Pro 17".

When I attach the external monitor to the Mac, the monitor scans the video inputs, detects no signal, and goes to sleep.  The Mac, however, does detect the external monitor and behaves as if it has two screens to display on.  I have used a PC to send a VGA and an HDMI signal, and that works.  Further, the DVI input works with a different PC.  It only behaves this way with the Mac.

I have tried this using mini-DisplayPort adapters for both HDMI and DVI, and have tried multiple cables.  I am at a loss.  There is no driver to update for the Macbook, so that's out, and I cannot even get the monitor's menus to come up except for the "Source" menu when the Mac is attached.  Obviously I am frustrated.

Anyone got a clue here?

Thanks

Bagman 

Student
TracyN1090
Message 2 of 6 (687 Views)

Re: HP2711x with Macbook Pro 17 stuck in scan/sleep cycle

I jut got one to connect to my MacBook Pro 13 and I'm runnning into the same problem.  Did you ever figure it out?/ Has anyone figured it out????

Thanks!

Honor Student
Bagman67
Message 3 of 6 (686 Views)

We bought an Apple Cinema monitor.  No love from HP on this one.

Student
lglenn
Message 4 of 6 (622 Views)

I ran into what looked to be the same problem. I found that unplugging the monitor (then plugging it in again) did the trick for me.  

Student
lioil
Message 5 of 6 (619 Views)

I have the same problem here. I just got my Macbook Pro 15 and it worked fine before. But today, it just keeps showing "no input signal", even I restart my computer or re-connect the monitor to my computer. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Student
StarShredder
Message 6 of 6 (246 Views)

Yes this worked for me. Thanks
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation