12-25-2008 07:11 PM
I just got a new desk! unhooked everything and hooked everything back up monitor is saying it is going to sleep and I have no Idea how to get this problem solved PLEASE HELP !! working on windows xp ! I am on my daughters computer now so please come to the none computer persons help!
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-25-2008 09:31 PM
1) Turn off the computer tower
2) Unplug the black power cable from the back of the computer
3) While the cable is out of the tower, press and hold the power button in front of the pc for at least 10 seconds
4) Plug the power cord back in the pc
5) Make sure the monitor's power and video cables are connected properly
6) Turn on the pc and monitor and see if it works.
12-30-2008 07:49 PM
Thank you so much. Mine was doing the same thing, and I had no idea why it was happening either. I'll try this. Will my monitor turn off buy itself if I do this, or will I have to turn it off manually?