Question

Honor Student
shnomoe
Message 1 of 3 (3,176 Views)

How do I shrink the image size on monitor?

I need my monitor to have a smaller total image, not the resolution, but for example, how do I make it so its like a 13 inch monitor if its actually a 17 inch? Yes i know there will be black blank space around the display of the monitor, but i can't figure out how to do this! when i use the menu button on my monitor, it comes up with the list, brightness, contrast, screen adjust, etc... BUT it wont let me select screen adjust! its the only option on the menu that is not highlighted, it won't let me choose to adjust the screen. how do i do it? I need to do it manually, but if the only way to do it is with a program, tell me anyway....

PLEASE HELP 

Associate Professor
c0rnel
Message 2 of 3 (3,170 Views)

Re: How do I shrink the image size on monitor?

I think you are referring to the vertical and horizonatal display size.

Usually these settings are in the lcd's menu but I doubt you can change yours.

It mostly works on crt monitorsnot lcd nowadays.

Honor Student
shnomoe
Message 3 of 3 (3,157 Views)

Re: How do I shrink the image size on monitor?

Yes! i want to change the horizontal and vertical screen size.

There is an option on the monitor settings that says like "screen adjust" or something like that, but it won't let me go to that option, its the only one not highlighted on the list, do you know how i can access it? Is it not highlighted because I'm using DVI? i can use VGA if you think that is the problem...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation