Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

How do I turn off the Power button lockout on my HPw1858 monitor?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Power Button Lockout is displayed.

The monitor's Power Button Lockout function is enabled.

Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds to unlock the Power button function.

If the above doesn't work then try a monitor reset.  Unplug the monitor’s power cord and hold down the monitor’s power button for 30-60 seconds. Plug the monitor back in and power it up.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi,

Power Button Lockout is displayed.

The monitor's Power Button Lockout function is enabled.

Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds to unlock the Power button function.

If the above doesn't work then try a monitor reset.  Unplug the monitor’s power cord and hold down the monitor’s power button for 30-60 seconds. Plug the monitor back in and power it up.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

I have an HP 2009m.

Thanks so much for the instructions to turn off power button lockout.

It worked!

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

it didn't work for my LE1911. Any other solution?

HP Recommended
Maybe you have to hold it longer than 10 sec.

Else try to reset monitor to factory configuration.
Unplug monitor from power and hold the power button for 60 sec.
Then plug the monitor back in and power it up.

V.

*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
HP Recommended

The information provided was awesome, thank you so much.  I have been struggling with this for months.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem

I have tried all of the above

held the power button down for > 60 secs

unplugged then plugged back in but power was on immediately

cant get into menu

Mine is an HP2309v - anyone got any ideas

HP Recommended

Hi akeladave,

then maybe your power switch is damaged - at least when disconnecting from wall power the power should be off.

V.
*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
HP Recommended

How do I turn off the Power button Lockout on my Pavilion 27i Monitor?

Thank you.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.