How to connect two monitors? (2397 Views)
Student
ansari119
Message 1 of 2 (2,397 Views)

How to connect two monitors?

Hi,

Will I be able to connect two HP W2207h Monitors using USB ports or any other ports on the monitor using one computer without getting a new VGA card.

Thank you

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 2 (2,386 Views)

Re: How to connect two monitors?

USB ports? Are you sure you did not mean HDMI? I have never heard of a means to do this. Consider the fact that monitors have these input connectors for display from a PC.

1) VGA

2) DVI

3) HDMI (appears physically similar to USB but is not). An HDMI interface transmits both audio and video to the intended device.

There are very few PCs that come prebuilt with more than one video output interface unless a higher-end video is also preinstalled. The norm is to install another video card that is capable of supplying video stream to more than one monitor.

In the case of two W2207h monitors you will need a decent video card. An ATI EAH-3650 graphics card would be suitable for what you want to do.The usb ports are for connecting usb devices.

BTW..why didn't you state which PC model you are going to use? It really helps to give that information.

****If my suggestion was helpful, you can say thanks by clicking on the purple thumbs up icon in the lower left corner of a post ***

****Please click on the Accept As Solution button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having****
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation