Question

Honor Student
lizrocks19
Message 1 of 5 (2,974 Views)

How to connect windows 8 HP laptop to Toshiba TV using HDMI

HI
I really need someone to help me, its been months and I cant figure it out...

I connected my laptop to my Toshiba TV, the screen from my computer displayed on my TV. Great it worked but the sound on the TV isn't working at all and no sound on computer. When I tried to play a video on my laptop to display on the TV that I downloaded the sound on the TV didn't work or on the computer. It keeps saying on my laptop screen resolution is low, what does that mean?

what am I do wrong, please someone help me, I would like to watch my movies from my computer onto my Toshiba TV.

Honor Student
Ironsolid
Message 2 of 5 (2,964 Views)

Re: How to connect windows 8 HP laptop to Toshiba TV using HDMI

If I'm not mistaken, you will need to check your system tray, this is located on the far right hand side of your task bar, and right click on the sound icon. Open up Playback Devices and find your HDMI output for sound. Right click on the HDMI device and click "Set As Default Sound Device."

Make note of your current sound device as you may have to do this again when you disconnect HDMI and reset it to your original sound device.

I hope this helps you :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
lizrocks19
Message 3 of 5 (2,951 Views)

okay i did what you told me to do, i connected the HDMI to the TV and the screen poped on the tv but now i went to the sound icon, clicked playback device on the bottom right far corner on task bar and i couldnt found the HDMI device. All it had there was speaker/HP and TSB-HM84s (intel (R) Display Audio ready) its a tv symbol that poped up when i connected the HDMI to TV. The list that shows under playback device has no HDMI device symbol.... still no sound

Honor Student
lizrocks19
Message 4 of 5 (2,950 Views)

the HDMI im using is called insignia high speed with Ethernet 13.0 Gbps. compatible 3D and HD 1080p
HP Support Agent
Sparkles1
Message 5 of 5 (2,931 Views)

Hi lizrock19:

Thank you for your inquiry. When you looked for devices under the sound icon in the system tray the TSB-HM84s)  is your TV.  Have you tried selecting it?

What exact model on HP laptop do you have? What operating system are you running.

Please reply back and let me know the results.

Sparkles1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation