Question

Student
OzPM
Message 1 of 20 (33,359 Views)

How to disable Touch Screen.....

Hi,

I have a TouchSmart 600-1070a Desktop PC. Can someone please tell me how to disable the Touch Screen feature as every time a small bug hits the screen it disrupts whatever application I'm using......especially when a bug flies into an Enter or Submit on-screen button.....

Thanks

Top Student
Tapan-C
Message 2 of 20 (33,336 Views)

Re: How to disable Touch Screen.....

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=120&prodSe...

Use the link above and go to device manager in windows and pls list all the contents under the section HID (Human Interface Devices). One of those drivers there can be disabled to prevent touch from working.

I am an HP employee expressing his own opinion and please post rather than sending a message.

Always provide product number (P/N) of PC or Monitor. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=bph07555&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
Student
virtualshannon
Message 3 of 20 (32,937 Views)

hid drivers.PNGCan someone tell me which device to disable the touch screen. I'm scared to start messing with them. :-)

Honor Student
athenarosa
Message 4 of 20 (32,173 Views)

I found an option that seems to have turned off the "touch" on my touchsmart screen:

1. Open Control Panel
  2. Select "Pen and Touch"
  3. Select the "Touch" tab
  4. Uncheck the checkbox that says "Use your finger as an input device"

This seems to have disabled all touch sensitivity on my screen without having to go in and change anything in with the drivers. This way I can easily turn it back on if I want to use it again.

Student
LeotaD
Message 5 of 20 (21,336 Views)

[ Edited ]

This is so old, I hope you got it to disable, The Pen and Touch settings will did not disable mine, I didn't have that option, The "NextWindow 1950 Touch Screen" is what  you have to right click on and left click disable to disable it. It usually works right away. I just disabled mine. :smileyhappy:

Honor Student
1topgun1
Message 6 of 20 (19,447 Views)

What file is it on a HP IQ 506T? I can not figure this one out.

HP Support Agent
TwoPointOh
Message 7 of 20 (19,390 Views)

Hi 1topgun1. Are you looking to disable the touch capabilities of your TouchSmart?

If so you can take a look at this document for instructions to prevent your screen from responding to touch (look at Figure 1: HP Touch Screen Configuration window  under Step 5 of the first section) and select “Disable”)

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01533440&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc...

Let me know if this works.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
Top Student
PaulaHPEnvy23
Message 8 of 20 (15,229 Views)

hi!

I have the same problem ,

i droped my touchsmart Deskop (believe or not) and need to switch off the touch screen because i have some crack on it and is making presure and annoy me. so which device should I disable....????

device mgr.jpg

HP Support Agent
TwoPointOh
Message 9 of 20 (14,490 Views)

Hi PaulaHPEnvy23. The document I have provided in my previous post, shows how images that will help you disable your touch screen. Let me know if you need further assistance.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
Top Student
PaulaHPEnvy23
Message 10 of 20 (14,466 Views)

[ Edited ]

hi 

Which document ??? 

Do u mean one on the top???

dosent help I have windows 8

and cant find this setings , thxhppppp.png 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation