Question

Top Student
HJash
Message 1 of 7 (920 Views)
Accepted Solution

How to keep computer in sleep mode

Want to put computer in sleep mode over night.  Click on sleep on start menu but will only stay in sleep mode for about a minute and then comes back on.  Why?  What needs to be done to get it to sleep until 2:00 AM when antivirus scan starts? 

PhD Student
SomelOguh
Message 2 of 7 (883 Views)

Re: How to keep computer in sleep mode

Hello,

Please review the Anti-Virus options, maybe there is something that is waking up the PC, if not the AV, maybe any other program you may have install on your system, even any other schedule task, windows updates, HP Update SW or even any other HP applicaiton.

What computer model do you have and which AV are you using?

Have you reviewed the power settings in control panel as well?

THanks,

I work for HP! Please remember to provide kudo.JPGand if this helped click ON AS.JPG

Top Student
HJash
Message 3 of 7 (880 Views)

I am just using the hibernate mode instead.  Sleep mode just did not want to function.

PhD Student
SomelOguh
Message 4 of 7 (874 Views)

Hello,

You are not interested anymore in trying to get your PC into sleep mode?

Try to get the information I asked for and also try this.

1. Click Start.
2. Click Control Panel
3. Click Click System
4. Click Device Manager.
5. Click the plus sign on Network Adapters droping it down and right click your networking controller, click properties.
6. Go to the power management tab, uncheck "Allow this device to wake the computer"

Do the same for the mouse and keyboard as well...

Report back if this has helped in resolving the problem!

THanks,

I work for HP! Please remember to provide kudo.JPGand if this helped click ON AS.JPG

Top Student
HJash
Message 5 of 7 (866 Views)

Went through all the steps that you told me to do.  I can now put the computer in sleep mode.  Doing some research on sleep mode, some people seem to think that sleep mode should not be used.  What do you think?  Also the things that I unchecked-----will it cause any problems with how my computer runs for other operations?

PhD Student
SomelOguh
Message 6 of 7 (846 Views)

Hello,

Goot to know that your problem is resolve!

You can use the sleep mode without any problem, there is no problem in using it!

Regarding the options you have unchecked, they will not cause any harm to your system, don't worry with those options, yo ucan keep them unchecked, the performance of your system will not be affected!

THanks,

Top Student
HJash
Message 7 of 7 (844 Views)

Hello,

Thanks for your time and information.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation