How to "turn on" integrated webcam on HP Pavilion g series? (2566 Views)
Student
amberlyn123
Message 1 of 2 (2,566 Views)

How to "turn on" integrated webcam on HP Pavilion g series?

It worked perfectly fine a few months ago and then my ex busted my screen and I barely got it fixed a few weeks ago... now, the webcam is not working. It shows the message in the picture. HELP!!!! http://oi47.tinypic.com/2m6u35j.jpg I've been trying to fix it forever, now. :smileysad: PLEASE HELP.

Associate Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 2 of 2 (2,557 Views)

Re: How to "turn on" integrated webcam on HP Pavilion g series?

Amberlyn,

You know.... I will give you the help file for this and the "how to" so you can go and see if downloading the driver will help.

The truth of it is that, from your story, it may well be that the little webcam wires may be broken or loose.  Tiny webcam wires are so delicate and they sometimes break just by looking at them let alone having your ex bust up your notebook.  :smileysad:

Take a look and see if you can get a driver from your computer's website (instructions below).... and take a look at the other help file and see if anything in there helps.   THEN, if it still won't work, then you may have to take that notebook back to the shop, open up the notebook to fix the wires, or get a clip on replacement webcam.  Logitech makes some real nice little webcams - admittedly a pain compared to the built-in kind, but they work very well.
===================================================================================

Download New Driver for your Webcam:

If you are having real issues getting your webcam to work, or if you have recently upgraded your Operating System, you may have to reinstall your webcam software.

NOTE:  If all else fails and you cannot find a driver for YOUR Operating System, note that sometimes Vista drivers will install and work on Windows 7.  Vista came first - Windows 7 and Vista remain closely related.  Select Vista as your Operating System, then check for driver availability. 

Go to the top of the HP forum page to Support and Drivers

• Enter your Computer Model information, and then go to Software and Drivers...
  • Enter your Operating System in the Drop-down menu...  Scroll down
  • Look for category Software - Multimedia
  • Select the appropriate webcam software
  • Save the appropriate *.exe installation package on your computer

NOTE the name and the location - the *.exe file will likely save to "Downloads “

• Install the Software / Driver installation package:  If you have ‘Admin’ control, you may highlight the package(s) and “double-click” to install, else Right-Click, Select ‘run as Administrator’ and install.

NOTE:  There is sometimes a lot of information at the computer’s website.  Be sure to take an extended look at what’s available.

============================================================================

Below is Help Documentation:

This file will explain how to test the webcam using the different types of software and what to try when you are having problems getting the webcam to work properly.

Webcam Issues in Windows 7

NOTE:  There are links in the document for Vista and XP users.

=========================================================================

Hope for the best !!

Good Luck!

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation