Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I am using an HP 2311x  monitor and when I start up the message 'Auto Adjustment in Progress' flashes twice before my Desktop appears.  Can I stop this message from appearing?

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever

" ... Nuff Said. Keep Smiling Because I'm Smiling Too!"
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi  ,

I just solved my problem by running the HP Support Assistant and then its Troubleshooting Program for Monitors.  After it got done testing my monitor and its settings everything seems to be back to normal ....i.e, no more  'Auto Adjustment in Progress' messages.  :generic:

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever

View solution in original post

33 REPLIES 33
HP Recommended

Hi 2harts4ever,

Has this message always appeared? Auto-adjust is a feature of the monitor. I'm not sure if there is a setting that causes this to happen or if it is a default. You might try checking the onscreen display menu to see what can be changed for that feature.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02868141.pdf

...an HP employee just trying to help where I can, but not speaking on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Morning Mister_Do,

This monitor came with a new HP Pavilion p7-1157c computer I bought about a month ago.

When I first got it the  'Auto Adjustment in Progress' window flashed during bootup but then it stopped after doing it for a few days.

A few days ago I inadvertenly depressed some of the monitor controls on the bottom right of the unit while moving the monitor and since then this same message has returned during startups.  It appears twice during each startup.

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever

HP Recommended

Ah, ok. It does sound like the monitors settings were changed. Try using the onscreen display from the monitor to changes its settings for Auto-Adjust. See if you can manually set the resolution.

...an HP employee just trying to help where I can, but not speaking on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Hi  ,

I just solved my problem by running the HP Support Assistant and then its Troubleshooting Program for Monitors.  After it got done testing my monitor and its settings everything seems to be back to normal ....i.e, no more  'Auto Adjustment in Progress' messages.  :generic:

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever

HP Recommended

Excellent! Glad to hear that worked for you.

Can you mark this thread as solved so others with the same issue can find this thread and see your resolution?

HP Recommended

Where did you go to find that HP Support Assistant? I'm having the same "Auto Adjustment in Progress" problem. Mine keeps doing it while  i'm using the computer. Right now, it's doing it!

HP Recommended

Hi Iherby93,

I'm not sure if you have an HP computer or not, but here is a link to where you can find HPSA: http://h18021.www1.hp.com/helpandsupport/hp-support-assistant.html

It could also be that you need to just change some settings on your monitor. Try using the onscreen display menu to reset your default settings.

HP Recommended

I have an HP PC. what exactly am i supposed to look for through the site you recommend. I have also tried a "factory reset"; it hasn't done anything for it. Any other suggestions? I'm getting really tired with this computer. If i'm doing something that's supposed to take 15min, this issue will expand the period to hrs because i will have to wait everytime it does it.

HP Recommended

That site had links to the latest version of HP Support Assistant, which you might even have already pre-installed on your PC. In HPSA, there is a troubleshooting tool for monitors that helped the other person that originally started this thread. I sent you the link to the HPSA site so you could get the latest version if you didn't have it already.

Another thing you could try is updating the graphics driver on your PC to see if it reconfigures the signal it sends to the monitor (if the problem is coming from the PC). If you have another monitor or computer, you could use them to help test if the problem is with the monitor or the PC. If the problem is with the monitor, it's likely due to the menu buttons/funtions that are on the monitor. Or it could be that if you installed monitor software on your PC that the monitor software is acting up. If the monitor software on your PC is causing the problem, you can uninstall the software and let Windows install a default monitor driver.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.