Question

Honor Student
malvagiome
Message 1 of 4 (3,568 Views)

Hp Pavilion p6000 series multi monitor

Hi,

does anyone know if I have the chance to connet two monitors to my HP Pavilion P6000 series (p65522it) ?

There's one main dvi port on the back, and two additional ports a VGA and another dvi, but they are both "covered" with some plastic. The graphic card is an Nvidia Gforce 315.

I have tried connecting a second monitor to the vga port, but nothing seems to happen, and windows 7 doesn't recognize any sort of secondary monitor.

Thanks for helping

Marco 

Professor
RasterBlaster
Message 2 of 4 (3,550 Views)

Re: Hp Pavilion p6000 series multi monitor

[ Edited ]

The slots that are covered are from the motherboard. Don't use them as they will use shared memory. The video card *should* be capable of supporting to monitors at the same time. Many cards do... however, I say should because some don't and HP's specs on your page do not explicity come out and say it. If possible, I would borrow a monitor just for testing before going out and purchasing something... just to see if it works.

NVIDIA GeForce G315 with PureVideo HD
  • Interface: PCI Express x16
  • DVI port, VGA port, HDMI Port
  • 1 GB onboard memory
  • Supports HDCP *
  • VGA using included DVI-to-VGA adapter
    ... an HP employee expressing his own opinion.
    Please post rather than send me a Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
    Honor Student
    malvagiome
    Message 3 of 4 (3,529 Views)

Thanks a lot for you answer.

Now, first question, if the slots are from the motherboard, why can't I use them? What does it mean they'll use shared memory?

Second, if the card should be capable of usign two monitors, where do I plug the second one? That's maybe my main problem, because even if I borrow a second one (which I own actually) where to plug it!

Thanks again

Marco

Provost
    Big_Dave
    Message 4 of 4 (3,514 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Marco,

The video connectors on the motherboard are automatically disabled when a discrete video card is installed.

This article will help you with dual monitors.

I suggest that you use the DVI and the HDMI ports on the video card for dual monitors.

NVIDIA 315.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HP e9280t, i7-960, 12GB, Vertex 3 120, ATI 4850
    HP DV9700, t9300, Nvidia 8600, 4GB, Crucial C300 128GB SSD
    HP Photosmart Premium C309G, HP Photosmart 6520
    HP Touchpad
    Custom i7-4770k, 8GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650,GTX 760
    Custom i7-3770k, 8GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650, GTX 660TI
    Windows 7/8 UEFI/Legacy mode, MBR/GPT
    † The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation