Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (4,376 Views)

Hp Pavilion p6000 series multi monitor

does anyone know if I have the chance to connet two monitors to my HP Pavilion P6000 series (p65522it) ?

There's one main dvi port on the back, and two additional ports a VGA and another dvi, but they are both "covered" with some plastic. The graphic card is an Nvidia Gforce 315.

I have tried connecting a second monitor to the vga port, but nothing seems to happen, and windows 7 doesn't recognize any sort of secondary monitor.

Thanks for helping

Distinguished Professor
Message 2 of 4 (4,358 Views)

Re: Hp Pavilion p6000 series multi monitor

[ Edited ]

The slots that are covered are from the motherboard. Don't use them as they will use shared memory. The video card *should* be capable of supporting to monitors at the same time. Many cards do... however, I say should because some don't and HP's specs on your page do not explicity come out and say it. If possible, I would borrow a monitor just for testing before going out and purchasing something... just to see if it works.

NVIDIA GeForce G315 with PureVideo HD
  • Interface: PCI Express x16
  • DVI port, VGA port, HDMI Port
  • 1 GB onboard memory
  • Supports HDCP *
  • VGA using included DVI-to-VGA adapter
    ... an HP employee expressing his own opinion.
    Please post rather than send me a Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
    Honor Student
    Message 3 of 4 (4,337 Views)

Thanks a lot for you answer.

Now, first question, if the slots are from the motherboard, why can't I use them? What does it mean they'll use shared memory?

Second, if the card should be capable of usign two monitors, where do I plug the second one? That's maybe my main problem, because even if I borrow a second one (which I own actually) where to plug it!

Thanks again

Message 4 of 4 (4,322 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Marco,

The video connectors on the motherboard are automatically disabled when a discrete video card is installed.

This article will help you with dual monitors.

I suggest that you use the DVI and the HDMI ports on the video card for dual monitors.

NVIDIA 315.jpg

HP DV9700, t9300, Nvidia 8600, 4GB, Crucial C300 128GB SSD
    HP ENVY 17t Touch,i7-5500u,16GB, 256 GB SSD (on loan)
    HP Photosmart 6520
    HP Touchpad, HP Chromebook 11
    Custom i7-5930k, X99, 16GB 2800 MHz DDR4, Intel 750 PCI-E SSD, (2)Samsung EVO 840 SSD, Corsair HX650, EVGA GTX 760TI, Corsair H75 water cooler
    Windows 8.1 UEFI mode
    † The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation