Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I trying to connect my PS3 to a HP Compaq LA2205wg I got a white window on the screen it says input signal out of range change to 1680 x 1050 60Hz
How do I fix it? I can't see when I play

Please help
7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @AddyRydis,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand that you getting the "Input Signal Out Of Range" error when trying to connect your PS3 to your HP Compaq LA2205wg Monitor and are seeking assistance. The reason the error you posted is asking you to change to 1680 x 1050 60Hz is because according page 16 of the that is the HP Compaq LA1905wl, LA1905wg, LA2205wg, LA2205wl, LA22f, LA2405wg, and LA2405x LCD Monitors User Gui... Maximum and Optimum Graphic Resolution for that monitor. As the PS3 can support resolutions 1920x1080 I suspect that your PS3 is not set to a resolution that your monitor can handle.

I believe if you hold the power button on your PS3 down at start up until you hear the second beep it will reset the video settings. This should solve your issue.

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended
THANK YOU ;D :))))))
HP Recommended

Hello again @AddyRydis,

If my post resolved your issue could you please click on the Accept as Solution button on my post where I provide the steps. This will enable anyone else with the same question/issue to quickly find the steps to fix the error and let get back to enjoying their PS3 as well.

I am happy to have been able to help.

Thanks!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

Hello Dunidar, also have a hp la2205wg, put his problem connecting the ps3 does not load the image. I am using a dvi adapter in hdmi cable which connects the monitor.

In hp brazil the suport answer was amateur.

I see your post and show her, congratulation for the answer.

Can you help me? Or is impossible use ps3 in hp compaq LA2205wg?

HP Recommended

Hello @Knight777Fusion,

I understand that you are having the same issue on your HP Compaq LA2205wg 22-inch Widescreen LCD Monitor being connected to your PS3. I would say follow the same solution just your monitor has a resolution of 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz.

I hope this helps. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Okay tks, and a buy a new hdmi 1.4 after try.

Tks a lot

HP Recommended
Hello @Dunidar I have a HP LA1951g, and i have the same problem and i use the HDMI to VGA cable.and it showed to me the message :"input out of range" and i do what you say to others but it doesn't work.So if it possible that work for the HP LA1951g.
And thanks
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.