Question

Honor Student
chinky123
Message 1 of 4 (1,517 Views)

Installing a second monitor to my laptop

I want to know how I can install a second monitor for my laptop .  Do I need another video card installed?  Thanks.

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 4 (1,514 Views)

Re: Installing a second monitor to my laptop

Hi,

Do you mean second external monitor or just second/external monitor ? What is your machine, ít's very hard to impossible to install/replace video card on laptops.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
chinky123
Message 3 of 4 (1,513 Views)

I have a HP Pavillion dv9000 laptop and I want to install an external monitor to help me in my daytrading.  I wanted to know if it is possible to do it or should I just buy another computer set up with dual monitors.  Thank you.

Provost
banhien
Message 4 of 4 (1,511 Views)

Hi,

Normally yes (I don't know exactly the model of your machine, dv9000 series has many models). Hope this helps:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/60168-3-connecting-laptop-extended-external-displays

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation