Question

Student
snowy95
Message 1 of 2 (86 Views)

Installing new monitor

I have an HP 505B Microtower and recently bought an HP S2031LCD Monitor. After plugging it in the computer declines to accept the new driver - it still had as installed a generic monitor driver. I uninstalled the generic driver and installed the HP's driver but it refuses to accept it. I cant set the monitor to the suggested resolution (it goes to sleep after 15 seconds unless I have it set at  1280 x 1040 which gives a somewhat flattened picture.

Any clues to fix this will be greatly appreciated.

Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 2 of 2 (67 Views)

Re: Installing new monitor

[ Edited ]

I understand the monitor driver is giving you some trouble.

What exactly happens when you try to install the driver?  Do you get any error messages?  If so, what are they?

What type of video cable is being used?  Is it standard length or is it a long cable?  The EDID information of the monitor may not be making it to the PC and long cables or cables without ferrit cores (cylindrical knots at the end of the cable) can cause the generic PnP monitor issue.

Since this is being connected a commercial product, you may want to post in the business support forums as well since there is an installation issue present.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation