Question

Top Student
superswade
Message 1 of 8 (1,942 Views)

Looking for the latest firmware for an HP PL4260N plasma TV

Does anyone know where I can get the latest HP PL4260N plasma TV firmware from?  There's an issue with HDMI audio that upgrading the firmware is supposed to resolve.

Thanka,  Scott

Master's Graduate
konk6i3
Message 2 of 8 (1,931 Views)

Re: Looking for the latest firmware for an HP PL4260N plasma TV

What is the issue you are having?

Cheers,

... an HP employee expressing his own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
Top Student
superswade
Message 3 of 8 (1,929 Views)

Audio doesn't work via HDMI with some devices.  Either it doesn't work at all or it sounds really bad and is very scratchy.
Master's Graduate
konk6i3
Message 4 of 8 (1,926 Views)

I am not sure about any FW upgrade, but I know of issues with the PCM frequency of some devices like calbe set-top boxes being set too high.  http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00685613&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=1832457 is a document on audio issues.

Cheers,

... an HP employee expressing his own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
Top Student
superswade
Message 5 of 8 (1,916 Views)

Details on updating the firmware can be found on page 90 of the service manual:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/21541775/hpmanual

I will use the second procedure (The RS232 method) if I can locate the firmware file(s).

Thanks,  Scott

Top Student
superswade
Message 6 of 8 (1,910 Views)

Thanks for the idea konk6i3.  I tried those setting suggestions and no affect on the HDMI sound with my new LG BD390 BluRay player.  I also had the same issue with my old cable box when I tried to use the HDMI connection on the PL4260N TV.  From what I've read, I think the firmware upgrade will do the trick but I don't know how to get the software...

Scott

Student
purplepalace
Message 7 of 8 (1,250 Views)

were you able to upgrade from the serial port.? The manual says to use the serial device server sdserver.exe, but i couldnt find that software.    Please let me know where i can find it.

Top Student
superswade
Message 8 of 8 (1,244 Views)

Nope, I never got it upgraded.  Never found the software or the info on how to do it.  If you find the info could you please update and post some links to download?  That'd be great.  I think you're going to need to get the software from an authorized service center because it's not something they expect the average end-user to do.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation