Question

Honor Student
TrishB
Message 1 of 15 (5,286 Views)

Magic I Virtual Driver not found on computer

I recently purchase the window 7 on hp touchsmart 600 PC.  When I click the icon for Magic-1 web cam i get the following error message I am missing the virtual driver.  " We Cannot find "Magic-i  Virtual Driver" in your computer. Please reinstall Magic-i to fix the problem.  If the problem presists, please contact our technical support staff for help."

I thought all drivers are installed when your purchased the product.  How do I reinstall when it should have been installed before shipping?

Top Student
pbarcola
Message 2 of 15 (5,272 Views)

Re: Magic I Virtual Driver not found on computer

:smileysurprised: I am having the same problem. However, It was working on Windows Vista and I just upgraded to Windows 7 and this error is occuring "Magic I Virtual Driver not found" at boot up. I have reinstalled it twice now and same problem. HP Tech Support should handle this soon, I hope.

I have the HP WEBCAM KQ245AA.

PHIL

Provost
old_geekster
Message 3 of 15 (5,268 Views)

Trish, have you run HP Update to see if that helps?  Also, you may want to run Windows Update.  Many have found the appropriate drivers there.

HP Split 13 x2
- 1.6 Ghz; 4 GB memory; SSD 128 GB; Win 8.0

HP Phoenix ENVY 810-135qe
- i7-4770K (liquid cooled); 8 GB memory; GT 640 (4 GB), SSD (Samsung EVO 840-500 GB); 600W PSU; Win 7 Ultimate

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say 'Thanks'**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

Message 4 of 15 (5,266 Views)

Re: Magic I Virtual Driver not found on computer - FIX

:smileyvery-happy:

Here is the fix that I found on this forum, it works:

• ·THIS FIXES THE PROBLEM! Thanks to marvinmartian.

OK I am now running magic-i on windows 7 where I previously was getting the "virtual driver not found" error.

Follow these steps:

1. Put in the install cd into the drive.

2. Go to "my computer" and right click on the drive with the cd and click "open"

3. find the "magic-i" folder and copy it to your desktop.

4. in the magic-i folder, run setup and choose the uninstall option. (this should uninstall everything from arcsoft)

5. reboot

6. Go into the magic-i folder on your desktop and RIGHT click on the "Setup" application.

7. Click "troubleshoot compatablity"

8. choose "troubleshoot program"

9. Choose "The program worked in earlier versions....."

10. Then choose "windows vista Service pack 2" and click next

11. Then choose "start program" and in about 10 seconds the installer will pop up.

12. Install the program.

That's it. It should work when you click on the magic-i3 icon on your desktop.

http://www.arcsoft.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3806&KW=magic%2Di&PID=19419#19419

Hope this helps.

Honor Student
TrishB
Message 5 of 15 (5,254 Views)

the install cd, is that for windows 7 or Magic-1?  I did not get either CD with my purchase of the PC.

Student
coastric
Message 6 of 15 (4,670 Views)

same problem magic-i virtual driver not found on computer how I can fix the problem?

Top Student
pbarcola
Message 7 of 15 (4,623 Views)

Magic I CD

Student
royboy
Message 8 of 15 (4,506 Views)

[ Edited ]

my new hp computer Modeled Pavilione9180t Prod.# AV321AV#ABA,Serial [text removed for privacy]. Keep telling me when I turn it on that it cannot find Magic-i 3 Virtual Driver. I have uninstall the HP Webcam and reinstall it and it makes no difference HELP  Roy

Student
ssherburne
Message 9 of 15 (2,517 Views)

Where and/or how do I locate a Place to install (Magic I Virtual Driver) for my webcam.

Student
bshnow
Message 10 of 15 (2,419 Views)

[ Edited ]

Phil I am having almost the same problem. I Bought a HP amd new computer and was using pro 15 it couldn't find the USB capture device. so I bought pro 17 having same trouble.It tell me I can't find the capture device. Let me know if you get it fix {Personal Information Removed}

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation