Question

Top Student
mickey11030
Message 1 of 7 (5,249 Views)

Monitor Looks Washed Out

There is an extensive discussion at 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Monitors-and-video/HP-w2338h-HDMI-looks-washed-out-compared-to-VGA/td-p...

about the colors on the HP w2338h looking washed out. Someone posted a solution for and ATI card

I found a solution! I don't know what you'll have to do in ATI drivers but I assume there's a similar option buried in there.

From the nVidia Control Panel, go to "Adjust desktop color settings" under "Display". From there, change "Digital color format" from RGB to YCbCr444 and voila, your color and black level issues are fixed!

I found a solution! I don't know what you'll have to do in ATI drivers but I assume there's a similar option buried in there. From the nVidia Control Panel, go to "Adjust desktop color settings" under "Display". From there, change "Digital color format" from RGB to YCbCr444 and voila, your color and black level issues are fixed!

I unfortunately have an ATI card. Is there any similar fix for the ATI card?

PS I have the latest drivers running Win 7, 64 bits.

Teacher
elitekita
Message 2 of 7 (5,246 Views)

Re: Monitor Looks Washed Out

Top Student
mickey11030
Message 3 of 7 (5,228 Views)

I don't know how to get that screen. I started Catalyst, but that's not the screen I got.

I took a screen shot so I could show you what I gotCatalyst-1.JPG, but I could not insert it. I clicked the Insert/edit image icon, and selected my image, but after clicking Insert Image, nothing happened.

Catalyst-1.JPGCatalyst-1.JPGCatalyst-1.JPG

Top Student
mickey11030
Message 4 of 7 (5,227 Views)

I'm sorry - I see the image doesn't show up until after you click Post. I next clicked Option, and when I displayed Properties, this is what I got:Catalyst-2.JPG

Teacher
elitekita
Message 5 of 7 (5,220 Views)

[ Edited ]

Okaaaaaaaayyyy....

You're almost there....

Put your cursor on your display in the lower panel window ("Please select a display") 

Right click showing menu window

Left click Configure

That will get you to the window I posted.

Left click Pixel Format

Hope this works...

Top Student
mickey11030
Message 6 of 7 (5,214 Views)

Thank you, the colors look somewhat better.

Teacher
elitekita
Message 7 of 7 (5,203 Views)

[ Edited ]

Geat...now you have to calibrate the screen....and if you can't eyeball it to your satisfaction, get Spyder3 Express, especially if you're doing photography

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation