Monitor Not Working (210 Views)
Honor Student
DarthDeath246
Message 1 of 7 (210 Views)
Accepted Solution

Monitor Not Working

I currently own an HP w2558 hc lcd monitor. I have had it for quite some time and it has worked fine. I recently did some cleanup with some of the cords lying around ( like remove cords that arent plugged in or cords connected to controllers i no longer use) Afterwards, i started up my computer like usualy, only difference is that the monitor did not register that it was connected to my computer. So when i turn it on, it shows a black screen, then after awhile it says "Monitor is going to sleep". Is there anyway to fix this and get my monitor to detect my computer?

HP
BHK6
Message 2 of 7 (186 Views)

Re: Monitor Not Working

Hi DarthDeath246,

Sorry to hear about the monitor issues. To further assistant you I will need some more information. What connection type are you using? Are you using an on-board graphic card or have you installed a graphic card? What version of Windows are you running? What type of computer is the monitor connected to?

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Honor Student
DarthDeath246
Message 3 of 7 (183 Views)

For connection, I am not 100% sure on what exactly thats asking but we use Cisco Connect for our internet. I am using an installed graphics card, I have a windows 7, and it is a Dell.

HP
BHK6
Message 4 of 7 (167 Views)

Hi DarthDeath246,

Sorry about the confusion. What I meant is what type of video connection are you using to connect the monitor to the computer. Below is a link that has a picture of the various connection types and what they look like. I imagine it is most likely VGA but I want to be certain.

http://www.structuredhomewiring.com/Conversion.aspx

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP

Honor Student
DarthDeath246
Message 5 of 7 (161 Views)

Okay, I looked at the picture you gave me and looked at the cord being used, and It looks like the DVI-D Single Link.

HP
BHK6
Message 6 of 7 (158 Views)

Hi DarthDeath246,

Start by making sure that all the cables have a solid connection. If you still are not getting a display use the link to the document below. Go to “Using Onscreen Display” and one of the options is switch video input. That should allow you to switch to DVI connection.

Using and Adjusting Your Monitor: HP w2558hc 25 inch LCD Monitor:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01481943&tmp_task=useCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=e...

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP

Honor Student
DarthDeath246
Message 7 of 7 (152 Views)

Thanks for your help!! I think it solved my solution. I popped the case on my computer and it turns out that the video driver was loose :smileytongue: I hope that fixes things, but thanks again for the help :smileyhappy:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation