Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

New HP 23" monitor -  HP 2310m   Accidentally held down the power button too long; now I can't get the monitor to turn completely off. When the computer is shut off the monitor goes to the sleep mode with the orange LED (on/off switch) always lit orange. How can I turn the monitor off completely and clear the message  "Power Button Lockout"? thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

From the manual:

Power Button Lockout— Indicates the power button is locked. If the power button is locked, the warning message Power Button Lockout displays.

If the power button is locked, press and hold the power button for 10 seconds to unlock the power button function.

If the power button is unlocked, press and hold the power button for 10 seconds to lock out the power button function.

Cheers,

... an HP employee expressing his own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
HP Recommended

From the manual:

Power Button Lockout— Indicates the power button is locked. If the power button is locked, the warning message Power Button Lockout displays.

If the power button is locked, press and hold the power button for 10 seconds to unlock the power button function.

If the power button is unlocked, press and hold the power button for 10 seconds to lock out the power button function.

Cheers,

... an HP employee expressing his own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
HP Recommended

Thank you for the help & your solution! I held the power button for 10 sec and the monitor shut down. Again - I appreciate your help-

HP Recommended

Thanks. It worked perfectly!

HP Recommended

My HP Monitor 2009m insists on 'going to sleep' instead of turning off.  A message 'Power Button Lockout' appears and won't go away.  Appreciate any help available.

Second issue: The program 'HP Solutions' has stopped working on my computer and I can't seem to get it corrected.  Need help on this one too.

HP Recommended
Hold the power button up to 1 minute to disable lockout
*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
HP Recommended

thanks with kudos.  10 seconds hold down solved the problem.

HP Recommended

my computer is saying power button lockout and has green light flashing in back of tower i held down power button down and still nothing

HP Recommended
> i held down power button down and still nothing

Which power button???
*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
HP Recommended

Hi Vnyga,

I would be happy to assist if needed. Please let me know what is your model number and operating system?

Here is a link that will help you find that out.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Please let me know.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.