Question

Retired
ThatGarenGuy
Message 1 of 2 (1,534 Views)

Monitor not displaying colors correctly

Hi folks,

Even an admin here on the forums needs help occasionally and I wanted to bring this question to the community and see what help I can get. HELP!!!

I have a desktop system Pavillion a6755y that I've put Win7 on. I have it hooked up to a HP LP2465 monitor. 

It has a NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT with current driver (6/26/09) at version 8.15.11.8627

Monitor Driver is set at HP LP2465 dated 12/8/2006 version 3.0.0.0

Here is the problem. My color on web sites are not showing up correctly. I can look at images in IE, FF, or Chrome and I'm getting some weird stuff going on. 

Example: 

I look at the following image and the many of the colors have no difference at all.

If you look across the green images, the 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th images in the first 3 rows, they look exactly the same to me. It looks like a very bright traffic light green. On an actual working monitor, they all look like the 33FF00. 

That is the weird thing. I use the exact same monitor, different PC, I see things correctly. 

Also, if I'm looking at pictures, or images not displayed via the browser, things appear as they should. Themes and pictures I have loaded on this computer look just fine when viewed via the OS or Picassa. 

HELP! 5 Kudo's for the right answer, plus and accepted solution!! Plus, you get to help the admin... 

Provost
old_geekster
Message 2 of 2 (1,519 Views)

Re: Monitor not displaying colors correctly

[ Edited ]

Garen, I normally would suggest to the member that the "Business Forums" would be better for your monitor.  However, I figure that you already knew that was the case.  So, here goes.

Here is the HP Guided Troubleshooting - Monitors.  The section that sounds most appropriate for your problem is titled "Missing or incorrect colors on display image".  It can be found by moving through the "Step-by-step monitor troubleshooting" section.  Now, I will admit that I didn't run through the entire section.  I wouldn't know the correct responses to the questions.  So, I hope that this is a good place to begin your search for a solution.  I feel that since HP provides this supurb information that we should introduce members to it whenever possible.

HP Split 13 x2
- 1.6 Ghz; 4 GB memory; SSD 128 GB; Win 8.0

HP Phoenix ENVY 810-135qe
- i7-4770K (liquid cooled); 8 GB memory; GT 640 (4 GB), SSD (Samsung EVO 840-500 GB); 600W PSU; Win 7 Ultimate

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say 'Thanks'**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!