Question

Student
tojo6940
Message 1 of 2 (4,263 Views)

Monitor shows "OSD Locked"

My HP W19B monitor has a pop up screen that says OSD LOCKED. Nothing was touched to cause this.  I have tried  holding the menu button 10 secs, holding the menu button and turning on the monitor, and installing new drivers. The only thing that seems to help is unplugging the monitor. this only lasts for a short time. All the buttons feel and sound normal. I've searched on the web and found a lot of people with this same problem. 

Please help.

Distinguished Professor
RasterBlaster
Message 2 of 2 (4,248 Views)

Re: Monitor shows "OSD Locked"

The monitor probably needs serviced. The probably is probably being caused because the PCA board behind the menu thinks it is being pressed all the time. Contact support. If your monitor is out of warranty you might be able to get the OSD messages to stop by gently prying out between the black and silver plastic by the buttons.

... an HP employee expressing his own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation