Monitor takes a long time to come on (1840 Views)
Student
dfmcgraw
Message 1 of 3 (1,840 Views)

Monitor takes a long time to come on

I have a Desktop HP Pavillion a1320e, a VS19e 19" flat panel monitor, and a NVIDA GeForce 7300le video card. I am running Misrosoft Windows Vista Home Premimum. This equipment is about three years old.

Recently when the monitor went into sleep mode it began to tak a long time to wake up. I changed the settings to never go into sleep mode. Now when I boot up the pc after being turned off  it takes about an hour for the monitor to turn on. Once the monitor turns on it will run just fine, Every thing else seems to be workink OK because when the monitor does turn on my screen saver is running.

Provost
old_geekster
Message 2 of 3 (1,826 Views)

Re: Monitor takes a long time to come on

DF, it sounds like the monitor is on, but simply not displaying the video.  I believe this because the screensaver is working when the video does come on.  I would do the following: 1) check the external connections, 2) check to assure the internal connections are tight and 3) update the monitor driver or reinstall it.  Let us know if any of these solves the problem.

HP Split 13 x2
- 1.6 Ghz; 4 GB memory; SSD 128 GB; Win 8.0

HP Phoenix ENVY 810-135qe
- i7-4770K (liquid cooled); 8 GB memory; GT 640 (4 GB), SSD (Samsung EVO 840-500 GB); 600W PSU; Win 7 Ultimate

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say 'Thanks'**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

Message 3 of 3 (1,559 Views)

Re: Monitor takes a long time to come on

monitor i turn on not show up sceen

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation