Question

Student
keithg
Message 1 of 1 (2,192 Views)

Monitor will not wake from sleep mode, FIXED

I have a slimline S3100N Vista Home Prem with a Samsung 17" monitor and I have had it for about 18 months, it has worked satisfactorily until I started getting the sleep mode problem where the PC appears to wake up correctly but I could not get any video display this was about 6 months ago. I stopped using sleep mode until recently when I decided to try to fix it (HP support was useless) I browsed about the Internet for a few clues and I have solved the problem, at least for me.

The problem only occurs with video res 1280x1024, very strange. Any other res does not have the problem. Aha! this must be a driver problem, my nvidia 6150 le had a driver version7.15.11.7521 dated 5/22/08 so I decide to do a driver roll back, in all my considerable High Tech career with HP 3Com and Cisco I had never done this. The rollback went forward several incomprehensible error messages appeared which I ignored and finally the rollback completed, I now had a driver version 7.15.11.65 dated 2/10/07. Now I tried sleep mode and guess what it worked, in all resolutions.

Shortly after this I had a need to do a full system restore, which of course required loading many many updates, one of which was an nvidia update. Guess what, yes once again sleep mode failed to restore the video, the nvidia 615 le now had driver version 7.15.11.7521 dated 5/22/08. I did a rollback and received only one error message "error nvcpl.dll missing entry: nvcplrestorepersistence" as I said earlier totally incomprehensible. The rollback completed and now sleep mode works again.

I hope this helps someone

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation