Question

Honor Student
Blackhawk240
Message 1 of 3 (70 Views)

No Vga input on second computer Pavilion Slimline s3821uk Desktop

On our second computer a Pavilion Slimline s3821uk Desktop, which my wife uses all the time as she is diabled and rarely get out, suddenly this morning after working ok from 01:30 to 4:30 then from 06:30 till around 08:30, she switched to attend a doctors meeting and on return ing home turned on the computer it came with no VGA input.

The monitor getting power and all connections are tight, computer switches on ok, but nothing on monitor I have checked evrything I can think of - without spending a small fortune going to likes of PC World who want £20 just look at it.

I need HELP please not silly questions

Regents Professor
TheOldMan
Message 2 of 3 (55 Views)

Re: No Vga input on second computer Pavilion Slimline s3821uk Desktop

First thing to try: connect the monitor to the other computer just to verify the monitor is working.  When the comment of "computer switches on" does it sound as though it is starting normally?  Nothing out of the ordinary sounds?  If "yes" that question also, then possibly a monitor problem, but if there is another monitor you can try just to test, that might be helpful. If you prove the monitor to be OK, I would try removing the installed video card, move the monitor connector to the onboard graphics port and try to boot up again.

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
Honor Student
Blackhawk240
Message 3 of 3 (52 Views)

Re: No Vga input on second computer Pavilion Slimline s3821uk Desktop

Friend I  have used computers since about 1984 of one kind or another, and I know how to monitors, check computer and we have decided to buy a brand one. So thanks but no help thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation