No Video Device Detected By Touchsmart Webcam Software (1245 Views)
Honor Student
cubsrule18
Message 1 of 6 (1,245 Views)

No Video Device Detected By Touchsmart Webcam Software

I have a Touchsmart 300-1125 Desktop that I purchased with Windows 7 installed direct from HP about 14 months ago. I'm fairly certain when I was playing around with it in the beginning I tried out the webcam using the Touchsmart software and it worked perfectly well.

Back in September/October 2011 I used Google+ and the webcam worked for the video hangout with no issues.

Today I wanted to take a photo to post to a website using the webcam and when I selected Webcam in the Touchsmart software, it said "No video device detected. Please plug a video device into your computer. If you are using an integrated camera please make sure that it is turned on." It does not let me access the settings in the Touchsmart Webcam software.

I updated the driver both automatically and by manually selecting the webcam in the device manager then restarted, but still get the same message when I tried to use the Touchsmart Webcam software.

I then tried going to Google+, started a hangout and saw the videocamera was working fine. However, returning to Touchsmart Webcam to take the photo I still get the same message about no video device being detected.

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 6 (1,231 Views)

Re: No Video Device Detected By Touchsmart Webcam Software

Have you updated the BIOS since the last time you used the WebCam?

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
cubsrule18
Message 3 of 6 (1,230 Views)

I have no idea what that is.

Provost
erico
Message 4 of 6 (1,228 Views)

BIOS is the software that acts as the interface between the hardware that comprises your desktop PC and the operating system.

If you didn't know what it was then you probably did not update unless you inadvertently allowed the HP Support Assistant to upgrade it.

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having

Honor Student
cubsrule18
Message 5 of 6 (1,206 Views)

In that case, not as far as I know. Is that a potential solution, or potentially the problem?

If it's a solution, how do I go about it?

Provost
erico
Message 6 of 6 (1,199 Views)

[ Edited ]

Try reinstalling the TouchSmart WebCam software to see if that resolves the issue first. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation