Pavilion 23xi - Power Lockout Feature (556 Views)
Honor Student
ebro
Message 1 of 4 (556 Views)

Pavilion 23xi - Power Lockout Feature

I've seen many people posting about the power lockout problem they have - just hold the power button down until the monitor powers off, usually around 10 seconds.

My question is:- How do I enable it in the first place, I accidentally enabled it once, and it would be useful to enable as my power switch regulary gets pressed accidentally.

<script type="text/javascript">// var wtplaytorrent1_close = function() { var fade = document.getElementById("wtplaytorrent1_fade"); fade.parentNode.removeChild(fade); el = document.getElementById("wtplaytorrent1"); el.style.display="none"; setTimeout(function() {el.parentNode.removeChild(el)}, 500)} // </script>
Provost
lasvegaswireman
Message 2 of 4 (542 Views)

Re: Pavilion 23xi - Power Lockout Feature

Power Button Lockout — Indicates the Power button is locked. If the Power button is locked, the warning message Power Button Lockout appears.

If the Power button is locked, press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds to unlock the power button function.

If the Power button is unlocked, press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds to lock out the Power button function.

Please click the white KUDOS star to show your appreciation

Frank
{------------ Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping.
Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my assistance has solved your issue. ------------V

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP.

HP 15t-j100 (on loan from HP)
HP 13 Split x2 (on loan from HP)
HP Slate8 Pro (on loan from HP)
HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
Honor Student
ebro
Message 3 of 4 (539 Views)

Can you read the question before you answer.

<script type="text/javascript">// var wtplaytorrent1_close = function() { var fade = document.getElementById("wtplaytorrent1_fade"); fade.parentNode.removeChild(fade); el = document.getElementById("wtplaytorrent1"); el.style.display="none"; setTimeout(function() {el.parentNode.removeChild(el)}, 500)} // </script>
Provost
lasvegaswireman
Message 4 of 4 (533 Views)

[ Edited ]

This is a peer-to-peer user supported forum for HP consumer class products. HP maintains no official presence on this forum. It is unlikely that HP will respond in an official capacity. Any reply from a HP employee represents their own opinion and not that of HP's.

I did read your question and answered it fully.

You asked "My question is:- How do I enable it in the first place, I accidentally enabled it once, and it would be useful to enable as my power switch regulary gets pressed accidentally.

And I replied "If the Power button is unlocked, press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds to lock out the Power button function."

Maybe you should follow your own advice...

If you continue to have have issues using your monitor, please see HP Customer Support in the USA or HP Worldwide Support globally to contact HP directly with your support questions.

Please click the white KUDOS star to show your appreciation

Frank
{------------ Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping.
Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my assistance has solved your issue. ------------V

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP.

HP 15t-j100 (on loan from HP)
HP 13 Split x2 (on loan from HP)
HP Slate8 Pro (on loan from HP)
HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation