Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I'm having a similar issue.  I have 2 HP Pavilion 23xi monitors.  Both are connected to a MacBook pro, one using DVI and one using VGA.  The monitors work great in normal use.  When the MacBook goes to sleep though, both monitors go to sleep as well, but the one connected to DVI constantly wakes up and then displays the "Monitor going to sleep" message and goes back to sleep...every few seconds and will loop like that for as long as the computer is asleep.  The monitor connected to VGA stays asleep the whole time.

My workaround for now has been to simply turn the DVI connected monitor off when walking away from my desk for an extended period, but would be really nice if there was a fix for this so I didn't have to remember to do that.

HP Recommended

Same here.

I've tried it on two MBP with mini display port and adapters to VGA, DVI and HDMI. the problem occurs with DVI and HDMI. I've tried with apple adapter to DVI and a third party one. Both do the same cycle...

Tried resetting, deactivating some options, etc... no change. This is really frustrating having to turn off the monitor.

Hope someone find a solution, i'm out of ideas...

Regards,

T

HP Recommended

Hi all. Unfortunately HP Monitors are not supported to work in a Mac environment. They can work however. Connecting the monitor while both devices are off is required.

Using HP monitors on a Mac

I hope some solution can be found within one of these articles.

Flat Panel Monitor Displays Message about No Signal, Signal out of Range, Sleep, or Power Save

Force RGB mode in Mac OS X to fix the picture quality of an external monitor

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I have a similar problem, but in a Windows 8.1 environment, instead of a Mac environment...

I have two 23xi monitors and the one connected via DVI sleeps, while the HDMI is in the sleep-wake loop.

I tried 2 different HDMI cables, got a HDMI (pc) to DVI (monitor) cable, and have the same problem.

I swapped both monitors and it just happens to the monitor connected to the HDMI port on the pc.

Any ideas on how to fix this problem?  Theres a DisplayPort on the pc, might get a DP to DVI connector.

Note: Happens with the Windows Basic Display Driver and the newest Intel 4600 HD driver.

I have an i5-4690k chip with an ASRock Z97 Extreme6 board if that helps at all.  Let me know.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I received my new HP Pavilion 23xi monitor via USPS about 3 weeks ago.  I am having the exact same issue.  The monitor gets stuck in a sleep wake loop. I have adjusted to power plan so that the monitor is set to never go to sleep.  I also power the monitor off when I am away from my computer for an extended period of time.  When i return to my computer and power on the monitor, it is in the sleep wake loop.  Has any progress been made in identifying the problem?  I have browsed other posts but have not seen an answer posted. 

Thanks,

JN

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.