Question

Top Student
szynda
Message 11 of 12 (116 Views)

Re: Pavilion 27xi Dual Monitor Sleep Issue

The monitors in Device Manager were HP Pavilion entries when I started.  I unistalled the drivers and the HP entries went away from device manager.  When both monitors were removed, I rebooted my machine.  Upon reboot the Windows 7 64-bit automatically associated the HP Pavilion Driver to the monitors.  It did not use a generic PnP driver as expected.

HP Support Agent
Dunidar
Message 12 of 12 (104 Views)

Re: Pavilion 27xi Dual Monitor Sleep Issue

Hello again szynda,

In Step 6 when I get you to uninstall the drivers you should be prompted to keep the drivers or deleted them as I stated you need to delete them so that when you restart the computer the drivers are not there for the system to use. We can always re-download the drivers and re-install them.

Please re-post the the results. Thank you again for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

"To be thrown upon one's own resources, it to be cast in the very lap of fortune." - Benjamin Franklin
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation