Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
My cable is connected! It's evident for me! I will try 2 different pieces, without success. I know manual, I read it. My monitor usb hub working fine when I bought my LCD, but more than year after, windows can't recognize this device and it want drivers for. I have installed the latest drivers for monitor and MyDisplay software. So, what U think? Is this hub get damage?
Message Edited by HPmaniac on 04-10-2009 06:46 AM
Message Edited by HPmaniac on 04-10-2009 06:47 AM
HP Recommended

OK. Sorry about my previous reply. Sometimes it's hard to tell where someone is at in troubleshooting.

Now that I know you are connected correctly and that it was working before, I think it is one of two things:

1) Most likely it is a USB  enumeration problem in Windows registry for the computer that is attached. These are fairly common and are typically caused by removing attached USB devices while Windows is under heavy load. For example, removing a USB storage device while the port is still in use and then plugging it back in again while Windows is still trying to resolve it's removal. If you can use Microsoft System Restore to go back to a time before the problem happened - this should fix it. If MS Restore doesn't work, then, unfortunately, these issues can be difficult to resolve.

2) Less likely... the Hub on the monitor is bad or damaged.

Easy way to tell... Bring in a laptop and connect the USB cable from the monitor to the laptop. THe laptop should find the USB hub and that should tell you the problem is not the monitor, but in the Windows registry (or vice versa).

Again - I apologize for the frustration I may have caused earlier - but we needed to get the basics out the way.

Message Edited by RasterBlaster on 04-10-2009 01:53 PM
I am an HP employee expressing my own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
HP Recommended

Think of it this way.  You are only gaining 1 USB port.  Connect your monitor to your computer like you would normally, thru the VGA or DVI-D connection.  Then take a USB cable (like one you would use to connect a printer to your computer) and put the flat end into a USB Port in the computer and put the end that would normally go to the printer into the slot next to the VGA and DVI-D slots on the monitor.

After you do that, the 2 USB on the left side are now functional.  You are only gaining one USB slot because you are using 1 USB on the computer to "power" the 2 USB slots on the Monitor.  If you unplug the USB cable from the monitor to the Computer, the 2 USB slots will cease to work.

I wouldn't recommend using the USB slots on the Monitor unless you absolutely need 1 more USB slot or you are connecting something that you won't plug in and unplug on a regular basis due to it's awkward location, which makes you peek around to the side of the monitor to see the USB slots.

HP Recommended

I had the same problem as well.  I was able to unplug the USB cable from the back of the monitor (while everything was on), and replug it back in, this seemed to solve the problem.

HP Recommended
got it to work, thank you. as soon as i read square and rectangle. fyi, nothing tells you that is usb in
HP Recommended

This graphic might help folks understand the requirements a little better. Note that the rectangle port on the PC needs to be at least 2.0 powered from the PC. I have not tested on 3.0 ... i don't have one of these monitors around any more.

USB_MONITOR.jpg

I am an HP employee expressing my own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.