Question

Honor Student
megz9898
Message 1 of 4 (1,321 Views)

The display on my new HP S2031 monitor has a greenish yellow tint.

The image on my new HP S2031 monitor is constantly changing from a clear, white image to that of a greenish-yellow. I've checked the connections between the monitor and my laptop (HP Pavilion g7, Windows 7- 32 bit), and both are securely plugged in. I've tried to reset to factory settings to no avail. I noticed the issue the day after buying the monitor from Best Buy a couple of days ago. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Associate Professor
vnyga
Message 2 of 4 (1,288 Views)

Re: The display on my new HP S2031 monitor has a greenish yellow tint.

The cable is also new?
It sounds like a broken colour wire in the monitor cable.
Does it failure disappear when moving/twisting the cable?

V.
*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
Honor Student
megz9898
Message 3 of 4 (1,267 Views)

The cable is new (it came with the monitor two weeks ago), and unfortunately moving the cable around does not seem to eliminate the discoloration. The problem seems to occur when the monitor has been on for more than half an hour. 

Top Student
Moschinius
Message 4 of 4 (1,255 Views)

[ Edited ]

Do you think that you might have the same problem as me?

My new Zr24w is too green and yellow before logging in to Windows which I can tell by looking at my black account picture.

When logging in this sometimes corrects itself but sometimes it doesn't and sometimes it reverts after a while.

Thread here:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Monitors-and-Video/Monitor-color/td-p/1071825

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation