Question

Student
gkbiv
Message 1 of 2 (648 Views)

Trying to use Sylvania 22" LCD TV for monitor

When I boot the computer I get all of the standard boot up screens but when I get past the log in screen I get a blank screen. When I start the system in safe mode I get can get to the desk top but I get a resolution mismatch  message. My PC is a HP p6510f. Do you need any other information?

Provost
old_geekster
Message 2 of 2 (629 Views)

Re: Trying to use Sylvania 22" LCD TV for monitor

GK, welcome to the forum.

It may be that your integrated video is simply not sufficient to run the monitor. Integrated video is sharing system memory. Only 256MB is alloted for its use. This is not very much. You may have to install a dedicated video card. This would give you 256MB additional system memory and add the video memory on the card. A new video card creates another problem, however. The power supply unit (PSU) in the computer is only 250W. This is not sufficient to run any of the newer mid-level cards.

If you would like suggestions on the upgrades, please let me know.

HP Split 13 x2
- 1.6 Ghz; 4 GB memory; SSD 128 GB; Win 8.0

HP Phoenix ENVY 810-135qe
- i7-4770K (liquid cooled); 8 GB memory; GT 640 (4 GB), SSD (Samsung EVO 840-500 GB); 600W PSU; Win 7 Ultimate

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say 'Thanks'**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!