Question

Honor Student
ej_001
Message 1 of 4 (2,559 Views)

Update for Intel HD graphics from HP?

[ Edited ]

Product: HP Pavilion Slimline s5740uk Desktop PC

Operating system: Windows 7 (64-Bit)

I was wondering if HP were going to release an update for the integrated graphics card for this computer any time soon, since the current up-to-date driver for Intel HD graphics on Intel's website is driver version 8.15.10.2761. The driver version for this computer is 8.15.10.2119 and this is also the original driver stated in the Software and Drivers section for this computer on this website. I can't download the update from Intel since they say that I must get an update from the computer manufacturer HP instead, but it hasn't been updated on HP even once. So I'd just like to know if there will be a driver update for Intel HD graphics anytime soon or at all from HP.

Thanks.

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 4 (2,555 Views)

Re: Update for Intel HD graphics from HP?

Hi:

When I query Intel based on the chipset your PC has, I come up with this driver. (8.15.10.2622).

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=20842&ProdId=3231&lang=eng&OSVersion=...

I have looked around the HP business PC world where they tend to update the drivers more often, and I found this Intel HD driver from an 8100 Elite which may work for yours (8.15.10.2476 Rev. A). It has an Intel series 57 chipset like yours.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12...

Worst case scenario is you will get that "This computer does not meet the minimum specifications..."

You can also try running it and if it errors out, try manually updating the driver by going to your HD graphics adapter in the device manager, click on the driver tab. Click on Update Driver. Select the Browse my Computer for software" method and browse to the installation folder that was created which will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp54716.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked, and see if the driver installs that way.

I highly doubt that HP will update the video driver for your PC, but it won't hurt to check the support page from time to time.

Paul

Honor Student
ej_001
Message 3 of 4 (2,548 Views)

Thanks for the reply Paul, I downloaded the software and tried to install it but an error said the driver is not validated to install on my computer, so I went to the device manager and tried to install it manually but it told me that my driver is already up-to-date when it isn't, so it didn't install.

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 4 of 4 (2,543 Views)

You're very welcome.

Sorry nothing worked. I was hoping you could get in via the "back door."

Apparently they have those drivers locked down tight.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation