Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Actually, that's just the spec sheet.  The manual and online help agree that the 2?11x monitors cannot be *directly* VESA mounted, but insted require either an adapter plate or a special wall mount, each supposedly available from HP.  I have run into the same problem with HP telephone support and my web searching, being unable to identify an HP part number for either that adapter or wall mount system.

The online help describes the wall mounting options at:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=115&prodSeriesId=...

One option is described as an "HP mounting accessory kit", and the other as an "HP mounting kit".  Neither seems to exist!

I was going to buy a 2311x, but will most likely end up buying a Samsung 23", which has the VESA mounting holes built-in.

HP Recommended

I have 2x2311x's - i love them but i have them sitting on books cause i cant seem to find that mount either - 

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=115&prodSeriesId=... qute cleary states, "To mount the monitor panel to an existing wall mounting device or swing arm, purchase an HP mounting accessory kit."

Help?? This is drving me NUTZ!!

HP Recommended

I just bought this monitor too and really want to wall mount it. 

Is there any way to get notified when this part becomes available?  I am assuming it will become available at some time.

HP Recommended

You said: "Manual of 2711x - http://www.shopping.hp.com/shopping/pdf/xp600aa.pdf mentions that there is no VESA mounting available on this monitor."

That is not what they told me when they sold me the monitor.  

I was very specific about being able to mount it on a VESA monitor arm.

Yes, I'm having fun myself trying to find it

HP Recommended

The product listing on HP and AMazon  also mention the 'optional mounting kit'

HP Recommended

Has anyone found a solution to this? I read the manaual before purchasing this assuming I could buy the mounting kit mentioned and have not been able to find one. I am not sure I want to keep the monitor if I I can not mount it to an arm.

HP Recommended

back.jpg

HP Recommended

Sure there is mounting....you have to do it yourself!  Why wait for HP to make a 99 cent bracket?

HP Recommended

Ok, so what did you do here? I assume you didn't just crew into the back of the unit... Did you somehow take off the cover and run the screws from the inside to the outside?

Let us know - I'm still baffled at why HP would do something so seemingly stupid as to omit the vesa mount on their monitor. 

Joe in Atlanta.

HP Recommended

Took the back cover off, and this is a trick in its self.  Cut a 6x6" 1/4" ABS plastic square and glued it to the cover using ABS cement.  Drilled my holes and then used a solder iron to melt abs plastic over my washer/nut on the inside of the cover. Closed it up and mounted it.  I just completed my 2011x today with a 75mm hole pattern as my monitor stand will accept both.

monitor-007.jpg

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.