VIDEOS BUFFER EVERY 10-15 SECONDS (732 Views)
Top Student
mssjerry
Message 1 of 4 (732 Views)
Accepted Solution

VIDEOS BUFFER EVERY 10-15 SECONDS

My videos, especially on YouTube, constantly buffer every 10-15 seconds. I've tried buffering them to start with by putting the video in PAUSE and waiting for 30 - 45 seconds, I've tried everything that has been suggested, yet it continues to buffer. The only way I can watch a video through completion, is to let it buffer for the entire performance, and THEN, sometimes, it works. But that is RIDICULOUS.

When I first got my HP Windows 7, videos did NOT buffer. Now they consistantly buffer and it's driving me up a wall. I don't have time to let all videos buffer for the entire performance!! Anyone got any OTHER ideas, or do I need to go back to my Windows XP and Dell computer? I need help.

mssjerry
Provost
old_geekster
Message 2 of 4 (729 Views)

Re: VIDEOS BUFFER EVERY 10-15 SECONDS

Jerry, welcome to the forum.

When requesting help, you should always include the make/model of the computer and/or monitor. This information is necessary for us to review the specifications of them.

Have you tried lowering the resolution (720p to 360p) of the videos to see if that helps?  WinXP takes much less power and is much less intricate than Win7.  This can make a difference how programs and videos perform. 

Please let us know if this solves your problem or not.

HP Split 13 x2
- 1.6 Ghz; 4 GB memory; SSD 128 GB; Win 8.0

HP Phoenix ENVY 810-135qe
- i7-4770K (liquid cooled); 8 GB memory; GT 640 (4 GB), SSD (Samsung EVO 840-500 GB); 600W PSU; Win 7 Ultimate

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say 'Thanks'**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

Message 3 of 4 (724 Views)

Sounds like a plan. I just have one more question. How do you lower the resolution.

mssjerry
Provost
old_geekster
Message 4 of 4 (716 Views)

[ Edited ]

Jerry, in the right hand bottom of the video on Youtube, it shows the resolution.  You can click on it and select a lower res if one

is available.  Here is a

to give you an example.

You will have to click on the full page button to see the resolution.  It is set to 480p at present.  Click on it to change it.

HP Split 13 x2
- 1.6 Ghz; 4 GB memory; SSD 128 GB; Win 8.0

HP Phoenix ENVY 810-135qe
- i7-4770K (liquid cooled); 8 GB memory; GT 640 (4 GB), SSD (Samsung EVO 840-500 GB); 600W PSU; Win 7 Ultimate

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say 'Thanks'**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!