Top Student
Message 1 of 2 (1,788 Views)

Video goes blank and computer locks up

Hi: I have a  HP Pavilion Slimline s7600n Desktop . Running XP with media edition.  I have noticed on performance tests that my video is reported as unusually slow.  I have the Nvidia GeForce 6150 LE Driver version Today my computer froze and then the screen went blank.  When I rebooted, I received a "windows serious error message".  The Microsoft message advised me to check the manufacturer's web site for an updated driver.  I need help from the community please.

Error Message: STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER (Q293078)

Distinguished Professor
Message 2 of 2 (1,768 Views)

Re: Video goes blank and computer locks up

Is the exact error from the MS KB article the exact error you see? A stop error can be one of a 1000 different problems.

Did you download and install SP3? There is a know issue that causes a stop error after SP3 is downloaded (which might be why things were slow).

Does the PC still open into Windows?

... an HP employee expressing his own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation