Video goes blank and computer locks up (1720 Views)
Top Student
Proxcause
Message 1 of 2 (1,720 Views)

Video goes blank and computer locks up

Hi: I have a  HP Pavilion Slimline s7600n Desktop . Running XP with media edition.  I have noticed on performance tests that my video is reported as unusually slow.  I have the Nvidia GeForce 6150 LE Driver version 6.14.11.7824. Today my computer froze and then the screen went blank.  When I rebooted, I received a "windows serious error message".  The Microsoft message advised me to check the manufacturer's web site for an updated driver.  I need help from the community please.

Error Message: STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER (Q293078)

Professor
RasterBlaster
Message 2 of 2 (1,700 Views)

Re: Video goes blank and computer locks up

Is the exact error from the MS KB article the exact error you see? A stop error can be one of a 1000 different problems.

Did you download and install SP3? There is a know issue that causes a stop error after SP3 is downloaded (which might be why things were slow).

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01457284&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=324...

Does the PC still open into Windows?

... an HP employee expressing his own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation