Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello can you be so kind to tell me the link where I can download latest beta drivers?

Many thanks

HP Recommended

Hello,

Can you be so kind to tell me where I can get this driver?

Cheers,

Sergio.

HP Recommended

According to my technical support contact, the official version is SP56103. That's what they had me download most recently, but they said I'm not allowed to share the link they gave me. But, it's not yet posted to the driver downloads pages. I suspect until then, if you call up HP support and open a case, and give them that SP number, they can get you the drivers.

Good luck.

HP Recommended

I am glad I checked this posting before shipping my new ZR2740w back to HP. I changed the resolution to 1280x720 and finally have a screen. I have to say this was very frustrating, since the 2560x1440 resolution worked on my HP Elitebook 2560p using the displayport running Windows 7 32bit, the problem I had was connecting it to my HP XW9400 work station running Win7 64bit and ATI HD6950. Can anyone confirm this is a 64bit issue or just the ATI video driver issue?

HP Recommended

Use the DisplayPort cable (and a videocard that supports this).

In our case, we could get only 1280x720 with DVI and when connecting the DisplayPort cable the magic happened! You can set a lot more resolutions between 800x600 and 2560x1440.

HP Recommended

Please don't flame me for posting on an old thread (this is the #1 and seemingly only relevant hit on Google)  or tell me to read up on the different flavors of DVI.... I know that stuff already. 🙂

I just got a new HP ZR2740w in the mail today.  I've hooked it up to an Intel i7-2600K (Intel HD Graphics 3000) in an MSI motherboard and a Diamond Multimedia Radeon 7750.  I was using the DVI-D port on both using the dual link DVI-D cable that came with the monitor.

No matter what I try I can't get it to offer to display more then 1280x720.  I have an HP EliteBook (work) with a docking station that has a Display Port and using the cable that came with the monitor I am able to get 2560x1440.

My Radeon 7750 has a mini-display port out but I don't currently have a mini-displayport to displayport cable and/or adapter.

Surely the Radeon 7750 can output 2560x1440 over it's DVI-D Dual output.   Surely the HPZR2740w can input this resolution on both it's display port and DVI-D inputs.  Yes?  No?

I am really at a loss to how to make this monitor shine like I'm sure it should.   I really want to use both DVI and DP inputs so that I can switch back and forth between my work and personal computers.

I've updated all the latest drivers and tried everything I can think to try.  Please, any constructive assistance would be greatly appreciated.

HP Recommended

I just upgraded to an XFX Radeon R7 260x and it's now working just fine over DVI-D using the cable that came with the monitor.

Other websites claimed that any of the 7 series Radeon cards such as the 7750 should be able to handle 2560x1440.  I'm going to call this a huge  YMMV.

I'm not really a big gamer so I'll probably spend the next couple of weeks trolling Craiglist for something that will work.   I do know that for my power supply and case  the R7 260x  barely fits.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.